What kind of keyboard do you use?

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Keyboards literally come in all shapes and sizes these days. From bargain-basement specials with mushy keys and flexible boards to high-end mechanical keyboards with customizable switches and keycaps, there’s something out there for everyone at every price point.

I’ve had the opportunity to type on dozens of boards as a product reviewer over the years. Most recently, I’ve been hammering away on a Das Keyboard 4 Professional with Cherry MX Blue (clicky) switches.

With this week’s open forum, we want to know what kind of keyboard you use. Let us know in the comments section below!

Permalink to story.

I'm always spilling the amber nectar on mine. So...nothing sexy here. Quite often I'll just pick up some bog standard OEM thing in a local charity shop for a quid or similar. Spend the change on beer ;)

At the moment I'm using a standard, beige, PS/2 Dell Quietkey keyboard bought around 1999.

I use an IBM Model M keyboard from 1991, with buckling spring keys.
To this day I haven't found another keyboard that feels anywhere near as nice.

Logitec K800 wireless backlit keyboard. Feels good and the backlight is awesome (got spoiled using Powerbooks and Macbook Pros).

I use this-K200_KEYFOB, probably doesn't make sense just from the model number- but it's a holographic Bluetooth keyboard. I know, right!

Generic three dollar micro center keyboard. Best keyboard ever. It's big notches on the f and j were easy to find in the dark, and now that I can't see easy too.

Tt Posieden (MX Brown)
It's heavy, has no flex, and has blue led's.
I want my next kb sans the number pad so I can stop hitting the side of my keyboard with my mouse. haha.

Logitech G19S, loved the Logitech G series keyboards with only my previous G19 being a little bit of a disappointment in terms of last ability. If this one does not hold up ill switch brands.

Corsair K90.. and I need the backlight or I would go back to the old IBM Keyboard I loved.

Roccat Ryos MK Glow with Cherry MX Black. Back lit keys is a must for me these days but not with that Christmas tree RGB stuff either, I don't care about rainbow colors or funny effects.

Logitech G105 for the past 3 years and nothing has gone wrong so far, I am looking to get a mechanical equivalent tho (6 or more macro keys on the side, backlit) for a "normal" price.

It's named "Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600", though I checked it online and I must have the old version of this model, since it looks a bit different than what's presented on Microsoft's site. That makes sense, since I've had it for maybe 4 or 5 years, and the one I found on the Web is Win8-dedicated, so it can't be that old. It's nothing special, but it does the job. It's nice for both gaming and coding.

Back