What kind of PowerSupply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silence911

Hi i currently have an Asus p4p800-e deluxe, 3ghz p4(overclocked to 3.6), a thermaltake bigwater cooler, 1gig rami forgot wat make, 256mb nvidia geforce 5500, 2 maxtor HD(40g and 160g), one sony DRu-810A,, couple of fans. what kind of power supply would you guys recomend me to use, how many watts? cuss i had a 650w Chiefmax power supply which blew up yesterday after i used it for only a couples of months. thank you in advance

How many watts and what brand?
is it because i OC it 2much, if so how much should i over clock it 2? tat is safe for my PSU, wat point should i overclock it to?

Is this one ok?
do u guys think this is enough to power my PC safely?

I have two systems that are running on Asus P4P800 SE boards one has a 430 watt antec true power and the other a vantec 470 watt PSU.

Personally I would recommend the Antec Neo series they are second only to PC power and cooling PSU's in performance and are a great deal cheaper. the 550 should do you just fine.

read tom's hardware guide on power supplies... they tested and rated a bunch of them.

performance and quality vary greatly and not necessarily with price.

yeah I found the same thing. All I did was take the highest power consuming option listed when I couldn't find my own. I still came out well under what I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back