Not open for further replies.

deanlaing12

I have an: Aspire 5935G-663G32Bn
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T6600 [2.2GHz, 800MHz FSB]

I need to replace: Hynix 2BG 2Rx8 PC3-8500-7-10-F2 [The 2GB RAM stick.]

Details of the RAM:

Technology: DDR3 SDRAM
Form Factor: SO DIMM 204-pin

I need to replace my broken ram stick with a new one.
I want it to be 2GB
I need it to be compatible.

Iv looked all over the internet and i cant find any prices on the ram sticks...

I have been to kingston and they are extreamly expensive... £100 with P&P
I have been to Hynix [The actual producer of the exact ram stick that is broken] and i cant find prices there.

What can i replace my 2GB ram stick with that will work without fault.
What can i replace it with that is compatible?
[A list or ram sticks and a website that i can buy from is preferd.]

First, I would suggest you should only run same type/make of memory in your notebook, to avoid any unwanted issues.

Secondly, if the remaining memory stick is 1GB, then exchange it for a 2 GB module as well, this way you will have two identical 2GB sticks. However, if it is a 2 GB stick; I suggest you to get the same type of second module.

Lastly, SODIMMs are expensive when compared to PC modules. Therefore, instead of trying to cut corners/save money get something reliable and from good local vendor.

First, I would suggest you should only run same type/make of memory in your notebook, to avoid any unwanted issues.

Secondly, if the remaining memory stick is 1GB, then exchange it for a 2 GB module as well, this way you will have two identical 2GB sticks. However, if it is a 2 GB stick; I suggest you to get the same type of second module.

Lastly, SODIMMs are expensive when compared to PC modules. Therefore, instead of trying to cut corners/save money get something reliable and from good local vendor.

Great but all my local dealers dont have this type of ram... iv tried asking them to order it in for me but they refuse to do so.

Do you have a link to where i can buy the Ram i need?

These Crucial or GSkill modules should work with that notebook. Both of these options are PC3 8500.

Is there any way to ensure these will work?

i seen a cost of approximatly [£]100 for a single 2 gig stick or an exact replacement...

now im seeing [$]100 for two 2 gig sticks...

what is the catch..???

they look like they will fit but are they compatible with my processor?

i went to pc world and they said id need and exact copy and that the lowest price would be £60 for a single 2gig and £20 for p&p...

Are you sure these would work?. They look an seem perfect but what about speed...? there must me a catch?

The specs are listed on the links I've given you; what you can do is download CPUz, and compare your currently installed modules all specifications with the ones I've proposed; if they match you wouldn't need to worry I believe.

About price difference I am at loss; I hope someone with more knowledge in pricing area will have a look and clarify stuff for you; right now I can only think of Tax/Duties etc. imposed in your area may be the cause.

The specs are listed on the links I've given you; what you can do is download CPUz, and compare your currently installed modules all specifications with the ones I've proposed; if they match you wouldn't need to worry I believe.

About price difference I am at loss; I hope someone with more knowledge in pricing area will have a look and clarify stuff for you; right now I can only think of Tax/Duties etc. imposed in your area may be the cause.

Ok thanks a lot. You been great help.

you helped me find a good website for buying online hardware which i thank you lots for. Thanks!

i will download and compair then get back if i come accross problems. Thanks!

am on my hands and knees hoping this is a dream...

Ok... Newegg.... America only...?????

please tell me theres a website for uk... im from scotland and i can't get it sent to.

Have i really lost out in this amazing deal.... i can't take this in... the price of 1/4 of upgrading when i first got the laptop... and im replacing both sticks... damm!!!!!!

Can you help me find another website that sends to UK? im hoping that i can find another deal like this... im so anoyd right now ):

download CPU-Z and run it.

But, be aware, some motherboards are very specific about brands. SO read the manual or download it.

Try either TigerDirect or Microcenter. TD generally has good deals as well, but I don't know what they're shipping location is like. As for MC, I know nothing about them other than seeing others on this site advertise them.

You need to go the Memory sub-section; then click on DDR3 SODIMM. There are several listings in that section, from which you can choose (they have listed all the categories at the top in 'All' Section).

Also check tigerdirect.com; they do ship internationally, but you need to place order on telephone I think (you'll need to pay shipping/handling + any other charges etc.).

There are several types of PC3-8500 SODIMMS; so please do ensure you are getting the right one by checking your current RAM's speed/timings etc. with ones you are going to buy. Goodluck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back