What should be my next Anti Virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadpill924

Hi, my Kaspersky Anti Virus trial expires tomorrow, and it has been working amazingly, I wish I could get it for free but I can't. So can anyone tell me a good anti virus program that doesn't use a lot of resources, and is good to have while playing full screen games (css, gmod) I can't have it take up a lot of resources because it will lag me. So just please give me a list of best to worst that good, safe, doesn't use lots of recourses, and good at removing viruses. Thanks

a free one. If you're a federal government employee you have a license to download and use several different brands.

You seem like a very particular individual, but I think I might be able to solve your problem.

Give CA Anti-Virus a shot. I find it absolutely wonderful for various reasons.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/
avast! Professional Edition 4.7
AVG Anti-Malware 7.5
AVIRA AntiVir Personal Edition Premium 7.04
BitDefender Professional Plus 10
Dr.Web for Windows 4.44.0 (beta)
eScan Anti-Virus 9.0
ESET NOD32 Anti-Virus 2.70.39
Fortinet FortiClient 3.0
F-Prot for Windows 6.0.7.1
F-Secure Anti-Virus 7.01
G DATA AntiVirusKit (AVK) 17.0
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0.0
McAfee VirusScan 11.2
Microsoft OneCare 1.6
Norman Virus Control 5.91
Symantec Norton Anti-Virus 14.0
TrustPort Antivirus Workstation 1.4.2

My friend lent me E-trust CD but it slowed down system with all that protection and it blocked all my networks with parents

NOD-32... i am not sure if its free cause i'm using Kaspersky and havent given it a shot.
but both these AV are the BEST n worth paying for.

Nod32 isnt free, but you can get a trial.

Have a look HERE at the top 10 anti-virus programs.

I've been hearing good stuff about The Shield Deluxe, but i haven't tried it. Has any one tried it here?

Regards Jase

Yes. Thanks for that mtaylor5 i am thinking about getting it a i have heard such good things about it. Can anyone else comment on The Shield Deluxe?

As for Mcafee, not worth buying in my point of view. lol

Regards Jase

Searching Google for the shield deluxe returns pcsecurityshield.com as the top result, as well as in an advertisement. pcsecurityshield.com distributes rogue/suspect anti-spyware, according to this page, and McAfee's SiteAdvisor page here lists this as being a bad site.

I wouldn't recommend the shield deluxe.

Regards :)

Well spotted kitty500cat.

The Shield Deluxe is indeed a rogue software programme and should be avoided like the plague.

Regards Howard :)

ino ahhhh... Norton is muck lol.

I agree AVG and nod32 are good lol

For all: DO NOT download The shield Deluxe, negative behaviour has been reported. I did abit of search myself, and this was well spotted by Kitty500cat.

I think i am going to get Avast, i have heard alot of good things about it, and it doesnt take up much resources. I know nod32 has a small footprint. :)

As for you Leadpill924, i recommend you getting the free Avast Home Edition 4.7.1043.

Regards Jase :)

What do you think the best AV software is to buy i am thinking of Avast pro 4.7.. And what is the best Spyware program out there. thinking of Spyware doctor.

Any suggestions?

Regards Jase :)

When it comes to spyware detection and removal i have found AVG antispyware to be very effective, and i have monitored its results closely.

matav said:
NOD-32... i am not sure if its free cause i'm using Kaspersky and havent given it a shot.
but both these AV are the BEST n worth paying for.
I had Kaspersky it was awesome the first time, then 2 weeks after the trial expired I downloaded it again and I had the trial again =). Don't know how that worked. Nod32 was pretty good, but I didn't really know how to remove viruses on it.

Jase123 said:
What would you recommend spyware doctor or Avg Antispyware?

Regards Jas :)
Get both, I have 3 different Anti Spyware programs, but I never have any of them running so that they don't conflict with each other.

leadpill924

When there are no other posts in between your last one, then please use the edit button.

Thanks.

Regards Jase :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back