What to upgrade first on this configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klohgloh

Hello there,
I would like you to help me upgrading my computer, you can see my config. in the PC specs. ;) Is it possible to say which component is the most important to upgrade? I don't have enough money to buy a complete new comp. so what should i buy first to increase the performance the most, what second etc. ?
I'd feel happy for any advices.
Thanks

Sorry, but I dont find the MSI 848P Neo V motherboard on the Micro Star site.
But otherwise, I would toss the Celeron for a Pentium, Then for Step 2, I would upgrade the memory.

But if it were mine, I would save pennies to buy a better board and processor.

What is the performance increase for? Gaming or something else? If gaming, it's a tough call but I'd probably go for a better graphics card followed soon by a Pentium processor with more RAM close behind.

Here, the MB: http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=582&maincat_no=1,

Yeah, the performance upgrade should be for gaming but also for video making and similar.

So i'll probably buy a graphics card & Pentium processor, then later the other things ? But I'm not sure if the motherboard would work with the new parts since it's not a top-guality mb + it isn't really a new model so it still looks like a coplete upgrade to me, doesn't it?
Thx for replies.

Since you are on a budget, consider where you want to be a year from now.
A good video graphics card will give you trouble on that board with that memory.
Oftentimes, buying a combo motherboard-CPU from one of the big online vendors. You will likely get a better board and better CPU for less than fixing up that one if you shop carefully after high school and college graduation gifting is done. Vendors drop their prices significantly on dated stock after four months, and a carefully selected "combo" package can sometimes point you in a new direction quickly.
A top board now gives you the base for future creativity as you build onto it. Also, memory is actually a lot cheaper for the newer boards.
You must have the speed and the memory and the video card. But you limit yourself in the future by what you decide now.
There are so many ways to save... AMD vs Intel, ATI vs nVidia. But quality saves you in the long run.

What is your budget? Also, what is the wattage/model of your power supply unit? The problem with your setup is that every item limits your upgrade of something else. So you could splash out on a new part or two, but you may find its so limited within your rig that the performance improvement is negligible.

Its probably worth saving your pennies and spending $300-400 replacing the core components of the PC.

Well, now i see i should really wait few more weeks, save some more money and then buy all the most important parts. I also had a look on the prices, which i think differ in different countries - i'm from Czech rep., but anyway it's not that expensive i thought and yeah i could have + - $400 (if i find a job when shool ends ;)). So this way looks most resonable.
Many thanks to all of you. You saved me lot of time and possibly some money too ;)

Good luck with the job hunt, and stay away from the ladies, they take your money, and they don't buy computer parts with it :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back