What VIDEO CARDS Work on my computer (have COMPLETE specs)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
trying to figure this out on my own, since im getting no responces:( I went to crucial.com and did one of their system scans, and two of the affordable video cards they suggest are The Crucial RADEON 9250 128MB AGP (cheap), and The Crucial RADEON 9600SE 128MB AG, im very illiterate at things like this so i have to ask, whats the diference, and can the cheap one handle WoW great?

Keep in mind that any videocard upgrade may be enough to necessitate a power supply upgrade as well. Your system has only a 200W PSU, which is really pushing it.

That being said, AGP slot + $100 gives you a lot of options. Most AGP 8x cards will also work in AGP 4x slots, so that's not a big issue.

I wouldn't recommend anything less than a 9600 series, with a 9700 or 9800 being even better.

9600 XT- $87
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102338

9800 Pro - $126 (A little over but a great deal)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102362

The 9800 is an 8-pipeline card vs. the 9600's 4-pipeline. Think of it like a V8 versus a 4-cylinder. :)

The 9800 Pro also has the benefit of not having to worry about your motherboard- instead of drawing it's power from the AGP slot, it has a molex connector to plug a harddisk power cable. This is great for older mainboards with flakey/inefficient voltage regulation to the agp slot.

I''d avoid the FX line and the 9200-9500 series totally if you can. They are very much obsolete and have issues with the latest pixel/vertex shaded games (9200-9500 series since they're missing the hardware totally - FX line because they are dog slow/unbarable at it).

I cant afford a power supply, and I cant go over 100$(I was thinking around 50-70 maybe more if needed), do either of those crucial video cards work?
Keep in mind, im only planning on playing World of warcraft..nothing more.

Forget the crucial cards,SE stands for sloth edition.Sharkfood's put you on the right track.What about eBay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back