What's a guy got to do to delete a USB Flash Partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
right, obviously i've got a problem with my usb pen drive. and yes it's a "SanDisk" Cruzer Micro 512MB pen drive. it seems as though most of the people who have problems with usb pen drives have a sandisk cruzer micro or mini. anyways i was unfortunate enough to have filled my cruzer micro to its full capacity and bang! its dead. i've tried everything, i managed to find a pc with win98 installed the drivers and tried to format it but no, tried to format it from windows disk management and again the answer was no, tried to delete the partition from windows disk management but it was greyed out. so i tried to delete the partition by booting from the windows xp cd, still no go. then i remembered i deleted my phones MMC partition ages ago using 7tools partition manager 2003. so downloaded the DEMO of the latest version 2005 but its all virtual. and can't find a working link for the 2003 trial version. so tech gods and goddesses what's a guy got to do to delete a pen drive partition?

oh and i've also tried the HP USB recovery program, says "device media is write-protected", it isn't write protected, doesn't have a switch that enables write-protection.

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

Trafford Devil said:
oh and i've also tried the HP USB recovery program, says "device media is write-protected", it isn't write protected, doesn't have a switch that enables write-protection.
It is write protected
I would use disk manager in XP. Some of the "write protect switches are near invisible" they hide them very well.
What is the model#
"SanDisk" Cruzer Micro 512MB
It can be done I've done it myself on a sandisk 128mb.

well then how do i switch the write-protection off? as far as i can tell there's no such option in disk manager.
i don't know the model #, but it does have SD024 512 written on the side, is this it?

Maxtor Maxblast software formatted and partitioned my Lexar Jumpdrive when it had quit working. I had tried several other methods to no avail. I just happen to have the Maxtor software on when the jumpdrive was plugged in and it showed up. Having nothing to lose I tried it and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back