TechSpot

What's the best and safest browser?

By mretzloff
May 14, 2007
  1. I've used IE until 3 or so years ago. I started using Firefox and loved it. It ran MUCH faster and had no popups (except on sites where I allow popups).

Is Firefox the best? Or is Opera better? Or...is there a browser that's so good I haven't heard of it?

2. halo71

halo71 TS Rookie Posts: 1,289

I use Firefox on ocassion. But prefer Opera. I got tired of Firefox with having to download all the plug-ins and what nots.

3. mretzloff

mretzloff TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 130

Do you think Opera runs faster?

4. halo71

halo71 TS Rookie Posts: 1,289

Yeah it seems like it loads pages faster. But I also have a 6 meg download connection too.

5. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Almost any browser is more secure than IE. Whether you`re a Firefox or Opera user, is really down to personal preference. Personally, I like Firefox and have been using it for a long time. I have tried Opera, but wasn`t too keen on it`s layout etc. Again, down to personal preference.

Regards Howard :)

6. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

personally I like mozilla browser, but it has some netscape issues. I like firefox second, but I don't like the layout compared to mozilla.

(and no they're not the same browser)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.