What's the best overclocking program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OLBY

hello guys
what is the best overclocking program
i used easytune5 and ati tool for over clocking but it crash's especially if i raise it to the top,and smtimes it restarts and get a bios backup,why i cant still overclocked

What exatcly are you asking, and what are you overclocking? I'm assuming your trying to overclock your video card in which case you can't just raise it as high as it goes and expect it to work, you have to start low and work your way up high. For your CPU you need to do that from your BIOS. Please include more details when asking a question if not people will tend to ignore your question.

I agree with Adhmuz. We need to know your hardware configuration, and everything you can tell us about your setup, cards installed, etc. as well as age of your system... and origin.
Some many units cannot be overclocked well at all with EasyTune5, and require the motherboard manual.

hi adhmuz, i tried to overclock my cpu, ram and the graphic card,and no one of them overclocks and still overclocked(just still for a while, then it restarts) today i used "ati tool" program and it chocked my pc
so what you think is this information enough?
you can check my pc specs: you can click on system specs (i think you already know that)
this overclocking stuff are modern and i entered that world just since a week
thats why i have asked
sorry if i annoyed you
thanks

i used sisoftware sandra xii too and the program chocked (in benchmarking and overclocking)
so, what to do?

I will contact the Admin on Techspot that introduced me to his website and I will get him to take a look and hopefully help you out.

Cheers, Gord

@ Gordon9999 : I don't want to get started on any controversy here, but I must say that Adhmuz and raybay had a very legitimate point. They would need more info to help OLBY out.

@ OLBY : Please read this : https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic70998.html

Also, it would be better in future to have a more descriptive thread heading. Anyway, I'm sure you'll get the required help. All the best. :)

It sounds like your overclocking too far, you have to start with SMALL overclocks, run a bench mark to test for stability, and if nothing bad happens, you can go up another small increment. Remember overclocking doesn't go up to like 30% improvments, usually they will stay under +10% for a graphics card.

As for temperatures, keep your processor below 60c, and graphics card under 80c (actually i'm not familiar with your card, maybe 70c)

Adhmuz just has a bad attitude. Please disregard his comment. Your question is more than legitimate Olby. Ignore Admuz if he posts again. I will contact the Admin on Techspot that introduced me to his website and I will get him to take a look and hopefully help you out.
I will stand by on Adhmuz's side on this one.

Im not familiar with the BIOS on gigabyte boards but one thing that is easy to start off with is disabling C1E, CPU EIST, TM2, from there you can start raising you FSB in small increments (IE 5mhz), this will also raise the frequency of your RAM which depending on your RAM may or may not be a good thing. Most motherboards have ways to either lock the RAM at a desired frequency (IE 800mhz) or change the multiplier (CPU FSB 200mhz would be 1:2 for DDR 800mhz RAM) as the FSB increases the "1:2" multiplier will have to be changed. Now as you raise your FSB you will inevitably have to increase your CPU's V-Core with this you should be able to get your CPU up at least 10% maybe more. Some key programs to download would be CPU-Z for checking your voltage and clock speed, RealTemp for getting accurate temperatures and IntelBurnTest to stress your CPU to know if your stable or not. That takes care of both RAM and CPU for now, if you can tell me the model name of your CPU it would help further. For overclocking your video card stick to ATI Tool and again go slowly, overclock little by little and do some testing as you gradually raise your clocks in 5mhz increments for GPU and MEM separately. Good luck and watch your temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back