TechSpot

Whats the best scanner/pic printer

By bradmiaz
Feb 24, 2006
  1. Im looking into getting a printer so that I can print my digital photos straight from my card. I was going ot buy a basic one from walmart but I want to invest into one that will scan and also print 6' x 10''s also. Has anyone had good success with a certain brand? My mother in law has a Lexmark p6250 and Im not impressed with it because its grainy and the settings are to complicated. Let me know!

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

3. bradmiaz

bradmiaz TS Rookie Topic Starter

Dont see yours

Does cannon not make the smartbase anymore? I went to the site and dont see it. The Pixma 500 or 750 looks great so Ill research that. Thanks for the info.

4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

It`s probably been superceded by now, as I`ve had mine for nearly 2 years.

If you do a Google search for canon smartbase, you may be able to find some still available.

Regards Howard :)

5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

lexmark is crap. I swear by canon printers. I have an i860 and it works great. Also refilling their ink tanks is easy. My father used to use Epson printers, but they're cumbersome and refilling the ink tanks is a pain. Once I got him a canon, he never went back.

I also have a canon canonscan 3000F scanner. It's dirt cheap and takes great scans.

6. peepnklown

peepnklown TS Rookie Posts: 136

If you want the best photos I would use an EPSON; go to any professional photographer, graphic designer, or anyone who wants the best in color output (including art schools) and they will all have EPSON.
    If you are looking for a printer only I would recommend the EPSON R340, if you are looking for an AIO (all-in-one) I would recommend EPSON R700.

7. Mirob

Mirob TechSpot Paladin Posts: 841

I have a Epson, and kick my self for not getting a Canon. The scaner is very good. The printer was at first too, but now it's getting bad. I have read that's normal with Epson Ink jets.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.