40.0%
By young&wild
May 26, 2002
  1. Your Speaker System is???

2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

3. Cucumber

Cucumber TS Rookie Posts: 203

Mine goes through a Surround Sound stereo :D..very nice it sounds too.

4. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

Currently using a Yamaha YST-MSW10 sub and a pair of Sound Level XXL speakers... Nice crisp sound, and more than enough power...

Apart from that, I've got Logitech 4.1 speakers somewhere, and Creatives 4.1 (the original I believe...)

but considering the way my room currently looks, and the fact that I'm moving in 3 weeks leaves using more than 2.1 systems too much of a hassle...

.02$

5. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,571   +103

Head phones made by Sony.
    Don't really use speaker system.
    I prefer headphones for playing Counter-strike.
    I have the output from my soundcard hooked up to my stereo.
    I haven't tried plugging it into my Dolby5.1 Amp yet but since that lives in my living room with my TV and PS2 I have been too lazy to even consider PC -> 5.1 Amp ;)
    I do have an ancient pair of Commodore speakers that I have used on occasion for music play back...

6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,630   +321

Cerwin Vega 8" "bookshelf" speakers although they are much larger than the current 8" Cerwin bookshelf ones. Also the port has been extended which increased the bass output, still very crisp and clear though. Got them running off a Technics 100x5 reciever, not the best setup you will find but good enough for me.

7. Tedman

Tedman TS Rookie Posts: 61

Heh I use AIWA headphones for counter-strike

8. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,871

I have an old set of Victrola(they used to make stereos a looooong time ago) headphones that sound better than any I have seen in a long time. I have had them for fifteen years but they were pretty old when I got them. They have a separate volume and tone control for each ear. They are pretty big and heavy though so I don't use them much.

9. vassil3427

vassil3427 TS Rookie Posts: 822

I have the creative Inspire 4.1 speaker system, crystal clear but the little subwoofer is really small so it doesnt have the greatest bass to it

10. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,268

FPS1800/2000 vs Inspire 4.1 4400

I have always wondered which has a better sound quality. FPS 1800/2000 and Creative Inspire 4.1. The other day i went to america.creative.com, it was stated that the inspire 4.1 was the best in the creative and cambridge 4point series. But based on figures FPS 1800/2000 are more powerful than that of inspire 4.1 4400.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.