Whats up with memory prices???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Memory has been going up in price for the past couple of months actually.

It has started leveling off and even dropping from time to time, but I imagine it will dip substantially in price during 4th quarter.

The market is rising overall. I support I/T at a semiconductor plant here....they make the raw semiconductor material used in the chips. Their forecast shows a banner year in production with steadily rising prices towards the end of the year with potentially prices at or near what they were before the massive slide of a couple years ago.

Guess I'll buy now. I got a stick of 512mb PC2100 last may for $50. I guess those days are over for a while.

1 word eBay

you just have to find the right place, eBay IS GOD. i found two sticks of 512Mb PC3200 for £50 each, also if using ebay try www.snip.pl its great, it puts your max bid in 5 seconds before the auction closes and you can group things and bid on 10 of the same things but if you win 1 (or whatever number) then it cancels the rest of your bids

yeah you can score some real good deals on ebay, you just gotta do your homework and be sure you know what your getting.

go to pricewatch.com They offer some great deals. I just got my Athlon XP2600 cpu and mobo for $100.14 I also got 2 sticks of pc 2700 ddr for $62 ($28.99 each) Right now the prices are down but Rick is right, the prices keep going up.

I think I bought it from pcboost.com It's the cheap ram but I didn't have enough money for the better ram.

Little Asian hands make the cheapest tech products, from what I hear. :)

I have some colleagues buying things like DVD burners for as little as $15-20 each, external drive enclosures for less than $5 and what are usually expensive cables for less than a $1 for two of them. Even authentic OS software for just dollars each, like the Mac OS X.2 and X.3 upgrades.

It's amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back