What's wrong with my computer/?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindObject

Today I got my new case in, awesome.

I took the system out of the old HP small case, and put it in the new, shiny RAIDMAX case. Everything was togheter, started up it...gorgeous.

Everything worked fine. Now time to add up the goods. (lights)

I hooked up two neons to the NEW PSU which came a little before the case. (Yesterday)

I plugged the lights in while the computer was on, I thought it was no big deal. It worked fine, then I was going to do some cable management. As I did that, the computer suddenly shut off. It was on for a good 20 minutes. I went online and told all my friends the case was done...and bam. Failure.

So...I dont know if it's the way I plugged in the POWER SW or RESET SW, or if I fried something. I tried my old PSU, and it didnt work still. So, it's not the PSU.

Cable management while the computer is on? Might have screwed up the motherboard (or other components) while tugging at live connections.

It takes less than two minutes to shutdown/turn on most computers. I recommend shutting down before tinkering with anything inside unless you really need it on, like checking voltages.

If it's not powering up at all, either:
1. PSU stuffed (though you said this wasn't the case)
2. Connected incorrectly (check all the connections)
3. Mobo is screwed
4. Didn't flip the switch :)P)

Also does your motherboard have an LED to show when there is power running through it?

After about 8-9 seconds, the computer makes a very slow beep, and shuts off. I unhooked both optical drives, the hard drive, and all fans. And it still dies. Is it the CPU? Mother Board? GPU?

FIXED!!

It shut off because the "Case Fan" wasn't responding. The case fan is the fan on the side panel, so when I took off the side panel, the cable connected to the mother board came off casing the shut off.

Pics coming sooN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back