TechSpot

WhatsApp now has half a billion active monthly users

By Shawn Knight
Apr 22, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Just over four months ago, mobile messaging app WhatsApp reported having more than 400 million active monthly users following a successful four-month span that saw 100 million newcomers join the service.

Read more

2. TheDreams

TheDreams TS Addict Posts: 609   +61

$19 billion? That would suck if the app like totally crashed in popularity haha. Still 500 million monthly users, quite a feat for an app. Good job(y)

3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,475   +2,034

I sincerely hope FB doesn't go and stuff it up, I couldn't imagine life without WhatsApp anymore.

4. Jim$ter

Jim$ter TS Booster Posts: 156   +31

And people use Whatsapp instead of Facebook messenger why? They must like paying and using an outdated looking UI. LOL Maybe in other country's they just don't know.....

5. mojorisin23

mojorisin23 TS Booster Posts: 124   +23

Because I dont use facebook anything... whatapp scans your contacts and automatically puts other whatsapp users in a list. It has emoticons, groups, and file sharing. you can even make a call from it.

and its $1 for life after the first year (which is free) and is ad free

what does FB msgr have?

6. Jim$ter

Jim$ter TS Booster Posts: 156   +31

Basically the same thing except its free but I guess if all your friends use Whatsapp that is the reason to use it. Here in the states everyone either has facebook so you use messenger or you just send a SMS text message http://www.knowyourmobile.com/mobil...0/whatsapp-vs-facebook-messenger-whos-king-im