TechSpot

WhatsApp voice calling feature pushed back to early 2015 due to technical hurdles

By Shawn Knight
Oct 30, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. This past February during Mobile World Congress, WhatsApp CEO Jan Koum revealed plans to offer voice calling in its app by mid-2014. That date came and went with nary a peep on the matter, until now.

Read more

2. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,518   +506

For this I love Hangouts. If whatsapp had an option to link your account (Phone) to a computer it would be awesome. When I'm home and I receive a whatsapp message I barely answer and I won't hold a "conversation" over it since my idea is not having to switch from my computer to my phone to my computer and so on. On the other hand it's easier and faster on hangouts, I receive a message and I can quickly reply, the same applies to facebook chat although I hate the chat client for mobile devices.

3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,519   +2,061

I pray FB doesn't manage to mess up WhatsApp with their money grabbing meathooks, if it wasn't for that app I'd have little reason to have a smartphone. The best messaging app bar none.