When I install IDT drivers I get an error

By abhhi123
Sep 10, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I go to update the audio through device manager, it seems to install but then always has warning or ? on it and it never fully installs properly. When I go and download IDT drivers and try and install it it gives me. _ExitError: Error=Device Object not present, restart the system and run setup again. So I dont know if I have the right driver or not or if its some issue with the downgrade from vista to xp. What I do know is that I had it working once before. I tried system restore to before I had replaced the motherboard and that didnt work either.

Attached Files:

2. ron111

ron111 Newcomer, in training Posts: 45

Could be that you have the wrong driver, and it is critical that you have a matching driver since there are multiple IDT audio versions.
    Another possibility is that a failed previous driver install is causing the error, although I have not seen that for IDT drivers so far. Try uninstalling the device , reboot and then try the install again.
    If you have downgraded from vista to xp, the manufacturer might not have all the drivers for your system. You can try a driver finder program in case you can't locate the correct ones.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.