When I install IDT drivers I get an error

I go to update the audio through device manager, it seems to install but then always has warning or ? on it and it never fully installs properly. When I go and download IDT drivers and try and install it it gives me. _ExitError: Error=Device Object not present, restart the system and run setup again. So I dont know if I have the right driver or not or if its some issue with the downgrade from vista to xp. What I do know is that I had it working once before. I tried system restore to before I had replaced the motherboard and that didnt work either.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    42.5 KB · Views: 2
Could be that you have the wrong driver, and it is critical that you have a matching driver since there are multiple IDT audio versions.
Another possibility is that a failed previous driver install is causing the error, although I have not seen that for IDT drivers so far. Try uninstalling the device , reboot and then try the install again.
If you have downgraded from vista to xp, the manufacturer might not have all the drivers for your system. You can try a driver finder program in case you can't locate the correct ones.

Back