TechSpot

when i run fable on my PC it works but first a window pops up that says my system...

By hwago
Mar 27, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. when i run fable on my PC it works but first a window pops up that says my system is running too slow. it gives me the options of continue anyway or continue in "safe mode". the weird thing is, i have a Hp pavilllion 4000, and ATI graphics card (x700). this is a gaming computer. why is this occuring.

2. chamillitarysk8

chamillitarysk8 TS Rookie Posts: 168

its probably heating up and your frame rate is going down

3. hwago

hwago TS Rookie Topic Starter

what is the frame rate? also it says its running 800hz when the comp specs say it s 1.8 ghz.

4. chamillitarysk8

when you are play is it plugged in or on battery

5. hwago

we

the window pops up even if im plugged in.

6. chamillitarysk8

what type of processor do you have? also its likely the frame rate when your playing the game does your pc heat up a lot

7. Boogityboo04

Boogityboo04 TS Rookie Posts: 351

I hate to say it but that computer really isn't very fast, and not really a gaming computer at all. You might just need more RAM or something to run it well.

8. hwago

intel centrino Microsoft xp

9. chamillitarysk8

yea thats no a gaming pc the processor is way to slow if it was a amd processor then maybe

10. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,846

? So suddenly AMDs will run something better? Wow now that is a bit of a generalization isnt it. His machine makes the requirements for the game.

Centrino is not a processor, just a classification made by intel. But assuming ou have a pentium M or better, (running at 1.8ghz) You should be able run fable. (which runs on a xbox)

I recommend using this to see what clock speed your CPU is running at, and what temps. See if you disable speed step in BIOS, or look in the tray in the bottom right for it. Speed step will underclock your CPU when not in use to save power, that will mess things up sometime with games.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.