When turn on computer, clock time is wrong and changes by itself. What can I do?

pete2444

It seems the clock on my computer changes. What could be causing this and what can I do to fix it. I have checked for a virus.

Sounds like it could be set to a different time zone...Or maybe you've got the "Set time via the internet" option on...Shouldn't be too hard to fix if you go right through the clock settings mate

I have checked the clock settings via control panel and they are not set to synch on the net. Is there anywhere else I can look?

So are you saying you don't know how to set the clock to synch to the net? What version of Windows do you have?

That said, the time should not change significantly every time you start the computer. The first thing you should do is change the CMOS battery as captaincranky already mentioned. The CMOS battery is on the motherboard and is a small, shiny disk. It's easy to change and relatively inexpensive.

Thanks

Thanks Benny & Captaincranky. It was the battery. I got a new battery and my clock problem was solved. I appreciate your help. THANKS :D:D

Back