Where do I find a Center/Sub-woofer combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugsy

I have currently have four speakers. Two on the monitor and two wireless behind me. Now I want to add a Center and Sub woofer to complete the "5.1" arrangement. Problem is, I can't find speakers sold in this configuration. I can find 2.1 speakers (two stereo w/subwoof) all day. I can even find subs sold by themselves. But not Center/Sub combos with both speakers on the same plug (as necessary by most sound card connectors).

Am I doing something wrong or making a wrong assumption? If not, where can I get a Center/Sub combo? (I already checked eBay). Thanks.

finding only centre/subwoofer speakers aren't easy as 1.1 speakers are MONO while today, most of the speakers were at least stereo. It is exist, but most probably in the past and now of course it's rare. If you would, buying a simple home theater will do it. As you want to use 5.1 config, it seems youre using this for movie purpose am i right? If this is so, buying a complete 5.1 set will produce better sound most probably than if you mix it yourself.
But if you're good with speakers, you could then buy a single subwoofer, open it and attach a satellite with resistors, capacitors and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back