Where does it connect to on the motherboard?

By steelth
Mar 30, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I'm putting an old motherboard in a new case , but the power on button connection,reset button ,and h.d.d led are all separate . On the old case there wasn't a reset button and the power and leds came in a 18 hole block connector with 1 hole blocked. i think i can figure out where the led goes maybe but the reset and power i'm not sure i figured i better ask before i screwed something up,lol.Motherboard is a N13219,Thx
  2. Buckshot420

Buckshot420 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 467

they connect to the colored pins (bottom right of board) underneath your SATA connectors. Either the pins are labeled/abbreviated or you will have to look up your manual online.
  3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,409   +281

Yep, check your motherboard manual, it will have each pin labeled.

I hate cases like that. I just gave one of my old cases to a friend for his first custom build and part of the reason I gave the case away was because of that. Little did I know he wanted me to walk him through building it, so I once again had to deal with all those individual wires. Not only were the front panel buttons/lights like that, but so were the USB and sound (headphones/mic) wires.

The good news is, for at least the LEDs and Power/Reset, is that even if you screw them up, the worst that can happen is the power/reset don't work or the LEDs don't light up. You aren't going to fry anything. If they don't work, you got at least 1 pin wrong, so just look it over, figure out your mistake, and try again.
  4. steelth

steelth TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 156

"sigh" this motherboard doesn't have the common colored pins near the sata, This is a much bigger pin set in the far corner behind the PCI plugs. i'm at a loss, i seen where the power did plug into that block "looking at the old wireing and switch"but those wires are 2 white wires ,not sure which is + and -.i looked everywhere for a manual ,only none had the block like mine. so i'm not sure. If i hook it up backwards would it really screw things?
  5. steelth

6. Buckshot420

Buckshot420 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 467

7. steelth

Thx alot for all the help

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.