Where to get driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been diligently seeking a software driver for an (old) Motorola Surfboard SB3100 cable modem, with no success. Motorola no longer includes it in their archive, and they've lost interest in cable modems. A search at driver.com lists many, but not this one.

My temptation was to download and try M's driver for a later model (SB4100) but they're all based on USB technology. That matters, right? (I'm just a user, not a hobbyist, though I admire them)

Somewhere someone has this on disk/diskette, but how do I connect with them?

Does anyone have suggestions how I can proceed? I'd be quite grateful.

---Old-timer, trying to avoid a landfill pitch

The support site for Gateway quotes the following:

"There is no special software needed to install and operate the SURFboard® SB3100 cable modem, except for the drivers for the network card that the cable modem connects to within the computer.
The computer must have a 10/100 Network card, and must have TCP/IP installed and configured. Also, a cable TV outlet should be close to where the computer will be set up and used. The customer's cable service provider furnishes the IP address used for connectivity.

Hope it helps

Hi, I tried doing a search on driverguide.com for you, unfortunately the site was down at the time, try it yourself using drivers as the user name and all as the password.

I also did a search using google for your driver but you need to specify what os system you are using. Type in google search bar "Motorola Surfboard SB3100 cable modem drivers" and you will get a nice selection to peruse.

Good Luck

Originally posted by Hodsocks
The support site for Gateway quotes the following:

"There is no special software needed to install and operate the SURFboard® SB3100 cable modem, except for the drivers for the network card that the cable modem connects to within the computer.
The computer must have a 10/100 Network card, and must have TCP/IP installed and configured. Also, a cable TV outlet should be close to where the computer will be set up and used. The customer's cable service provider furnishes the IP address used for connectivity.

Hope it helps

Indeed. With cable modems you just connect them to your Ethernet card, make sure you have DHCP enabled ( or Obtain an IP adress automatically ) & clear out DNS servers & such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back