TechSpot

Where to sell used PC games?

By spartanslayer
Feb 27, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Do you guys know of a good place to sell used PC games? I've tried all the local stores (gamestop, eb games, etc...). Thanks.
  2. JMMD

JMMD TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,177

I sell most of my stuff on forums. Anandtech, Hardforum and doesn't TechSpot have a for sale section?

www.Heatware.com is a website where you can leave positive and neg. feedback when you buy and sell. If you're a new trader/seller, you should only deal with established people and be prepared to ship first, the first time you sell. You should also setup a basic Paypal account so people can pay you.
  3. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

sell em on ebay. I have.
  4. spartanslayer

spartanslayer TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 464

Thanks guys. I actually meant a retail store. Thanks again.
  5. spartanslayer

Do you want to buy my games?

Hey, does anyone know if we're allowed to trade stuff on techspot. I mean, can I ship someone a copy of Far Cry, and have them ship me money, or is that illegal? I really would like to make $33 and I have some games I'm willing to sell. Is that OK Julio? Or should we communicate through email? If its ok, I'm willing to sell:

Battlefield 1942.

Unreal II.

Gary Grigsby's World at War.

Star Wars Battlefront.

And several others. I will sell them at a bargin price. Anyone?
  6. JMMD

JMMD TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,177

If you want to sell them online, just use on of the forums that I suggested. You can always do Ebay, Amazon or half.com. Retail stores will give you VERY little money for used games, they need to make a profit when they resell them.
  7. spartanslayer

I don't have a credit card, and I'd rather sell them on techspot. I trust you guys more than I would trust another forum. Besides, I don't want to get another forum thing going. Thanks though.
  8. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

It's not allowed.
  9. sjps220

sjps220 TS Rookie Posts: 129

thats a good idea. I read your post yesterday and then checked ebay and ended up buying battlefield 2! :)
  10. spartanslayer

Drat. I was hoping it was. Oh well, If any of you guys see a game you like up there, send me an email, and we'll see what we can do! See yah!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.