Where'd that last post go...

By captaincranky
Nov 27, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Would it be easily feasible to link a removed post to the "last post" column, so that a post which has been removed, doesn't continue to appear in that column, after it has been removed?

Was that last run on sentence understandable?

Do you understand that when I said, "easily", I meant "easily"? We're not trying to rock the boat, or cause anybody a bunch of extra work.
  2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,520   +311

You make you post so comprehensible, it's amazing...

vBulletin caches forum info data by default and it's currently set to 10 minutes. I believe there are certain actions that trigger the reload data action before immediately, but for most of the cases (e.g. removing a spam post, I guess) the info will be refreshed in 10 minutes or less anyway, so it shouldn't be that much of an issue. Are you seeing a different behavior?
  3. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,414   +215

I've noticed what captaincranky described and I think the issue is it doesn't refresh and disappear. Maybe it refreshes but it doesn't disappear, at least not always. There was one that lasted for days, I think, until a few hours ago when I deleted another post in that thread and lo and behold it disappeared from the Last Post column finally.

I haven't tried it yet but I suspect there are ways around it. For example, if I unapprove a post before deleting it, I think it might no longer persist in the Last Post column. Well, maybe. I'll try it next time.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.