TechSpot

Which componenets required to complete a NUC

By jsmileb
Mar 24, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. I am interested in building a NUC from Intel. I know I will need an OS, HDD and memory. Since the OS comes on a DVD, I will probably have to add a USB optical media drive. Not sure how to add WiFi connectivity. I want to use an SSD in the 250Gb range. I am opting for the NUC 54250. If anyone has put together a NUC, Id be interested in hearing how you configured, and which components proved to be compatible. Also, if I am missing anything please let me know. Thanks for looking in.
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,368   +302

Btw:- NUC (Next Unit of Computing). Just gota love thos marketing boys and their buzz words.
  3. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,454   +620

You can transfer OS DVD install media to a bootable USB stick, and just use that.
  4. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TechSpot Addict Posts: 887   +171

Well, you will not be able to add a HDD to the NUC you listed. That is, unless you went the MSATA route for storage. As for WIFI, you'll need to buy a PCIe Wireless adapter. You could also purchase one of those dongles.

I can't really advise you on what parts to use for this. Up until today I didn't know these were a thing. Depending on what you plan to use it for and your budget, I'd probably suggest investing in another product.
  5. mo_gallakonokis

mo_gallakonokis Newcomer, in training

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.