Votes: 2 25.0%
  • PS3

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Wii

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yangly18

I decided to make this poll in responce to the topic that just came out about PS3 being the "preferred choise" of a system. I personally think its BS, lets see what everyone else thinks.

Ok

so the Xbox has an extensive range of online capabilities

the PS3 can go online and unlike the 360 it isnt stuck to using one server.

the Wii can also go online and isnt limited to a set playing field like the 360

so thats the online side sorted out.

The PS3 has a blue ray player

360 plays DVD's

there are 300,000 DVD titles and only 15000 blueray films so is it worth it.

DVD's load and play quite quick and with a HD TV quality is excellent

PS3 blueray is better but it takes a lot longer to load a film (about 45-60 seconds just for it to be recognised).

Wii doesnt do movies as far as i know.

So movie wise the 360 wins.

Games and availability

im not certain who has the bigger slice of the market when it comes to games, but judging from my local PC shop Xbox has more games available than any other console (shop is "Game")

SO game wise the 360 wins again.

Reliability

We know the 360 had issues with overheating and the RROD that was supposedly fixed and they also scratched a lot of disks.

The PS3 doesnt overheat and scratch disks, however the laser gets dirty and the blue ray doesnt work and then it wont play games that are blueray, DVD's aren't affected.

Wii has no known issues and unlike the other 2 can be very easily hacked with a software mod and downloaded games played on it, also the hacked unit can be used to play online with, unlike the 360 which gets banned if hacked.

So thats a point for the Wii,

in comparison its a personal taste thing, some like the look of the PS3 (cant you tell its chinese they do design quite tasteful units) and its range of games, die hard fans will go for the 360 (big bulky and in need of a diet, just like a lot of americans) younger kids like the Wii as it is easy to use and the games are relatively simple to play.

I do own a 360 and a Wii and they both get used in equal amounts, if someone offered me a PS3 to try i would gladly try one.

Until then its fair to say that the 360 wins for me.

I like Wii since It's the only one I played. Never played PS3 or Xbox 360 before. I just like that Mario Kart Wii game, so fun! ja ja ja ja

Ok

so the Xbox has an extensive range of online capabilities

the PS3 can go online and unlike the 360 it isnt stuck to using one server.

the Wii can also go online and isnt limited to a set playing field like the 360

so thats the online side sorted out.

The PS3 has a blue ray player

360 plays DVD's

there are 300,000 DVD titles and only 15000 blueray films so is it worth it.

DVD's load and play quite quick and with a HD TV quality is excellent

PS3 blueray is better but it takes a lot longer to load a film (about 45-60 seconds just for it to be recognised).

Wii doesnt do movies as far as i know.

So movie wise the 360 wins.

Games and availability

im not certain who has the bigger slice of the market when it comes to games, but judging from my local PC shop Xbox has more games available than any other console (shop is "Game")

SO game wise the 360 wins again.

Reliability

We know the 360 had issues with overheating and the RROD that was supposedly fixed and they also scratched a lot of disks.

The PS3 doesnt overheat and scratch disks, however the laser gets dirty and the blue ray doesnt work and then it wont play games that are blueray, DVD's aren't affected.

Wii has no known issues and unlike the other 2 can be very easily hacked with a software mod and downloaded games played on it, also the hacked unit can be used to play online with, unlike the 360 which gets banned if hacked.

So thats a point for the Wii,

in comparison its a personal taste thing, some like the look of the PS3 (cant you tell its chinese they do design quite tasteful units) and its range of games, die hard fans will go for the 360 (big bulky and in need of a diet, just like a lot of americans) younger kids like the Wii as it is easy to use and the games are relatively simple to play.

I do own a 360 and a Wii and they both get used in equal amounts, if someone offered me a PS3 to try i would gladly try one.

Until then its fair to say that the 360 wins for me.

I 100% totally agree with you on this one.

People have no freaking clue when it comes to trashing another console. To those that think that the PS3 is better, please do your research before commenting. XBOX 360 is the #1 leading console in HD entertainment. #1 for online gaming, Xbox 360 sells the most games per console tie ratio. PS3 has the WORST online in history of gaming. Sony like to hype things alot. Forget about blueray disc..that technology is already obsolete. Remember folks, PS3 has nice exclusive titles that makes the PS3 really shine but NOT all games are made the same to take advantage of its hardware. 95% of the PS3 games are ports from the XBOX 360. So in the end, 360 games will ALWAYS look & Play overall better...where as PS3 ports will always have some types of issues do to it's transfereing the game code from 360 -PS3.

Look at any comparison and you will see that the PS3 having better graphics that an Xbox is a MYTH. Anyone saying other whys is a TOTAL NOOB. They are about even, and if anything, I would say the Xbox looks better, having owned both. I got rid of the PS3 because of the shockingly bad servers and incredibly long updates.

In the end though, PCs are just unbeatable for ofline play. Xboxs are better for online play as I find their servers are better. I'm not saying PS3s are bad, just that they're a slight compromise in my opinion.

ps3 is better because it has better games better graphics and way more features.

Dude, before you say anything like what you just had said here, do your self da favor and do your research/Homework. Just a FYI, 90% of the games that the PS3 gets are Ports from the XBOX 360 except exclusive titles. There are more xbox userbase than PS3. When ever a game gets ported, it looses its touch like downgraded grahics, sloppy gameplay..etc. Ask any major game developer. Dont get me wrong ther both great systems, they both have ther weakness's but overall. 360 blows the PS3 away when it comes to online content that Sony cant even MATCH or beat.

taken from: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/

by Ben Kuchera | Last updated October 15, 2010 11:30 AM

This month the NPD Group didn't share the specific sales numbers for video game hardware or software, leaving it up to Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft to reveal specifics for themselves. So far, only Microsoft has made its numbers public, and sales were very good.

"Xbox 360 enters the holiday season with four consecutive months as the #1 console in the US, with 484,000 units sold during the month, up 37 percent from last September, a stark comparison to the other console platforms," Microsoft stated. It also revealed that Halo: Reach sold 3.3 million units in its first month.

The NPD Group, in its now-truncated report, also praised Microsoft's performance. "Xbox 360 hardware sales were up versus last year, and this month marks the best month of unit sales for the platform yet in 2010, which says a lot considering sales are up 34 percent on a year-to-date basis," NPD analyst Anita Frazier wrote.

Microsoft also had the best-selling accessory with the 1,600-point card sold at retail, although it was pointed out that all three PlayStation Move SKUs made it onto the top ten chart for accessories.

Back