Which is the best free video compression software?

emmaringo

I have some very large videos and I want to compress them to a smaller size with absolute minimal quality loss. Many people recommended "Handbrake" but the problem with it is that it requires the .NET Framework to be installed first. I don't want to do that (don't ask me why) so I am looking for alternatives.

I tried "VirtualDub" and the quality loss is considerable for most settings, but the bigger problem is that for some reason it changes the aspect ratio on its own and I can't seem to find the option to stop it form doing that and retain the A.R. of the source.

Any suggestions? Please don't just give me names of softwares that you have read about or heard about unless you have actually tried those softwares and they have worked for you. Thanks.

Many people recommended "Handbrake" but the problem with it is that it requires the .NET Framework to be installed first. I don't want to do that (don't ask me why) so I am looking for alternatives.
Yes, I didn't care for the .NET dependency either, but it is a natural fit for PCs {not Mac} and Handbrake is easy to use.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0vpvpxqctku0bh5/Aiseesoft+Blu-ray+to+MKV+Ripper+6.3.22.exe

Use this its an old version of aiseesoft blu-ray to video converter but it gets the job done.
Giveaway of the day was offering this a long time ago so its perfectly legal and free to use from the company.
I suggest you install k-lite mega codec pack first, then this app and try it out.
Been using aissesoft for nearly 7 years now and never have any issues out of them.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0vpvpxqctku0bh5/Aiseesoft+Blu-ray+to+MKV+Ripper+6.3.22.exe

Use this its an old version of aiseesoft blu-ray to video converter but it gets the job done.
Giveaway of the day was offering this a long time ago so its perfectly legal and free to use from the company.
I suggest you install k-lite mega codec pack first, then this app and try it out.
Been using aissesoft for nearly 7 years now and never have any issues out of them.
Thanks! I will check it out.

Back