Which is the best rename program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimchopicha

Hi,
Do you know which is the best rename program? I need your advises. File renamer to be able to rename for example 100 files at once. To be able to rename one part of the name only.

I can`t give you a particular recommendation,but I can give you a warning -

There are many file renamers out there.Many of them are insanely complicated.:confused:
Some of them can mess up both names and extensions. :mad:

The next poster will suggest a simple and efficient one.:haha:

Check out Exchangerxml
It is freeware.

Another is BatchRN. I couldn't find the parent site (it may be gone) but if you google BatchRN you can find a copy of it. It has always been freeware so no worries there.

I have not used these but have seen them recommended with positive results.

dimchopicha said:
Do you know which is the best rename program?
File Renamer
created by Sherrod Computer
available here: link
and try "Stopyell" to civilise ur file names quickly.
learn to use both together.

Thank you for you suggestions I will try these programs.

Originally Posted by BlameCanada
I can`t give you a particular recommendation,but I can give you a warning -

There are many file renamers out there.Many of them are insanely complicated.
Some of them can mess up both names and extensions.

The next poster will suggest a simple and efficient one.
I've created this thread because of such programs. I have tried to put a "The " in the begginig of some files and instead of that the program rename one of them (the whole file name) to "The" without extension :evil: and the other files renamed to "Copy of ..." lol. I think the program was "The Rename 2.1.6" - very bad program (bad bad bad).

Then I used "1-4a Rename 1.56" program and managed to do what I wanted but it is very complicated, missing features and with very non-friendly user interface. It hasn't the option to rename only the selected files.
But it has the very usefull option "preview of the changes". You can see the changes you will make to files in real time while you are typing the filter rules you want to use - in the left you see the original files and in the right how the files will look like after the change.
I hope to find a program like "1-4a Rename 1.56" + friendly interface + some more usefull options.
Maybe one of you suggestions is such a program I'll give them a try.
Thanks.

i already said try Sherrod Computers File Renamer
it'll solve all your renaming woes especially the one where you want to rename one part of the filename only.
LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back