Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Intel Extreme Integrated

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kmat

Help Me im Thick

ok i'm asking for help as im not the most technological of being.

what i need to know is what is better for graphics a

SIS 651GX 3D Graphic SDR/DDR

Intel Extreme Integrated

also if either of them can cope with lighting.

and finally what is fire wire as im thinking of buying a new pc

- Please use proper & explicit thread titles
Didou

Come on i really do need help one person really isnt enough its only a minute of your time

As far as the graphics goes it depends on what you plan on doing, but intergated graphics are not good for gaming, imaging, or video related tasks. If it is just for office apps that are going to be using, not graphic intense applications, you could get away with an integrated graphic card and save a few bucks.

Do you mean lightning, and if you did, no, neither of them "can cope" with the amount of voltage that lightning is capable of. Always have your system plugged into a quality surge protector at minimum. I will unplug mine when a bad lightning storm is coming through, better safe then sorry.

Fire wire, which is the common name for IEEE 1394, is a way of connecting external devices to your computer. Most often it will be a digital camcorder for video editing, an external harddrive, or an external cd/dvd rom or writer. It is capable of speeds up to 400 Mbps, which is 80Mbps slower then USB2.0

I hope I answered your questions.

thanks and i did meen lighting as in light and dark as not so much sudden but as of tone gradually light to dark and lightning as well in a game but know i am souly intended on using the pc for gaming

You need to be more specific - do you intend to use it for graphical applications or for gaming?
In any case, inbuilt gfx cards tend to be basic with a few chipsets able to handle 3d gaming but basically, for games, you need an agp 3d gfx card based ideally around ati/nvidia chipsets with specs n speed dependant on your budget.
For graphical applications a good 2d gfx cards like matrox whose cards are designed specifically for gfx apps are more to the point, again, specs are dependant on your budget.
As for lighting, you'll again have to be more specific as I'v no idea in what context your referring to.

You really need to give us more information about what you want to do. Actuall applications that you plan on using etc.

Agreed with the others. Onboard graphics typically suck for games, video editing, etc. You can find better onboard graphics adapters than the Intel or the SIS, but all onboard graphics will leech from your onboard memory, which is usually slower than actuall video ram that is built onto a graphics adapter.

More info is better than too little as we hate to try and guess what you are doing.

Bug

If you plan to do nothing graphical, only text editing ect, then you can go with an onbord graphic card.

But i would recommend to everyone to buy a sepperate card, the cards don't cost that much and like was said before, on-bord sux for gaming or anything more graphical then word.

yea, but those games don't follow under the category "games".

Older games(and new) like SOF2/RTCW/COD/DOOM3/UT2004 ect ect the list goes on and on. They don't work well on a 9100, or on very very low graphics what no gamer even wants.

It is depend what you want to know

I865G, it heavily uses on Intel Extreme Graphics 2 on Intel 865G chips. you can find i865G almost anywhere, but beware, I865G wont handle the heavily accerlation games very well. It is for used for general uses rather than games.
Try find more information about that in...

Intel = http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/865g/index.htm?iid=ipp_desk_chip+prod_865g&

Or if you are in gaming, try not to buy any integrated video.

Have fun.

P.S. Firewire, you say? Try SoundBlaster Audigy ZS It have 7.1 surround, S/PIF in/out, ultra high speed firewire.

The Reckoning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back