Which processor is best for gaming (939 socket)

By MMDominator88
Oct 13, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. so I'm not sure what processor to get becuase I am not too up to par on the gaming community when it comes to overclocking and getting the best out of the processors.....this processor will be going into my HP Pavilion zv6123cl laptop that handles full size processors and not mobile-type processors...what I want to know is what type of processor will I need to make it pretty darn fast (for a laptop, mind you!) I will also be putting a 100Gb 7200RPM HDD in place of the 80Gb 4200RPM dying HDD, lol (that should make a big difference, no??) and I already have 1.25Gb of RAM(the 0.25 comes from the irreplaceable 256Mb integrated chip, I already replaced the replaceable chip with the highest available for my laptop [a 1Gb module])....my choices include everything from newegg in the socket 939 category (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...28 40000343 1051707439&bop=And&Order=REVIEWS). and I am NOT going to buy the freaking expensive ones on that page, lol

any help will be much appreciated
  2. Jase123

Jase123 Banned Posts: 1,122

It would be helpful if you told us your budget.

Regards Jase :)
  3. MMDominator88

MMDominator88 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 152

Sorry!...anything under $80
  4. Jase123

5. cosmos100

cosmos100 Newcomer, in training Posts: 82

$80!!... don't bother lol
  6. Jase123

It's $69.99 actually. And he said anything under $80, so i found't him a suitable one.

7. cosmos100

I must admit thats an ok processor but if he wants it for gaming, he'll want something with a bit more hair on the chest.

I mean you seen the spec recommendation for Bioshock!
  8. Jase123

I suppose, but less than $80 you can't do much lol.

9. cosmos100

fair enough, for the price it is a good processor and I guess overclockings not out of the question.
  10. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,282   +24

That'd be good enough for you I reckon. But you might find an FX CPU on eBay for cheap though, and that would be the best.
  11. MMDominator88

MMDominator88 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 152

I def. won't be playing Bioshock on a laptop, lol ! ha

Yeah, $80 isnt a whole lot, but since I already have my gaming rig set up, all I need is a laptop that can play the occasional game and do the word processing stuff and maybe some graphical processing every now and then, thanks guys (and gals if applicable) for the help

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.