Which RAM to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about upgrading my RAM soon from my current 512MB to 2GB I want to get Corsair as I've heard that it's the best. But I want to know is it worth me spending more and getting the best or should I get some of thier cheaper or even value stuff? I want the RAM to be good, I'm not exactly on a budget but I want to get value for money.

I`d say your first priority should be to check with your mobo manufacturers website for supported brands/speed/sizes etc.

You don`t want to be buying ram, only to find out there`s a compatibility issue with your mobo.

Ram by Corsair/Kingston/Crucial/Mushkin are all very good brands.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards Howard :)

If you don't intend to overclock your memory, Corsair ValueSelect would be a good "value." If you want to overclock, you should consider Corsair's XMS series memory. I happen to use Corsair so that's why I mention it but there are other good brands such as what Howard listed.

Just another thought to add. If you give us your complete system specs, we can advise you as to whether or not it would be worth upgrading to 2Gb of ram. Unless you have a fairly up to date system, 1Gb may be plenty for your system.

Just my 2 yen. ;)

Well my systems pretty old and dated, just a 2800+(939) and a Radeon 9250, but I'm thinking I should wait to build a new top-end machine until next year when the AM2 is out but I want to give my pc a bit of a life boost. So I was thinking get 2Gb of RAM of good DDR ram and then just put that in the new system, as looking throught this site and others and the extra from DDR2 means it will last for 18 months or so (I hope lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back