TechSpot

Which set of speakers should I get for Christmas?

By leadpill924
Dec 8, 2007
  1. Hi, for Christmas I am getting 2 GB of RAM, and a set of speakers. The problem is that I don't know which set of speakers to get. They all seem pretty good, at least from the ratings. I am looking for a set between 50-75$. If you think you can find better than this within the price range, please make it at NewEgg. LED's have a nice effect too. It is not necessary to find another set though. Just tell me which of these are the best. I am mostly a gamer, but I watch a lot of videos and listen to music. I like bass, but I don't like it to the extreme. An average level of bass is fine.

SPEAKERS
    Logitech X-530 70 watts RMS 5.1 Black Speaker System - OEM
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121126

ALTEC LANSING VS4221 35 Watts 2.1 Speaker - Retail
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836113168

EDIT: I HAVE CHOSEN TO GO A BIT MORE PRICEY AND HIGH QUALITY.

2. samjohnson

samjohnson TS Rookie Posts: 320

Your links don't work. Try again. :)

3. leadpill924

leadpill924 Banned Topic Starter Posts: 124

It's because of those periods it uses to shorten it. It should be fixed right now.

4. leadpill924

Bump. for fun

5. Mirob

Mirob TechSpot Paladin Posts: 841

I have a x-230 set on my 10 year old son's rig. It's alright, well worth the $30 it cost shipped from Amazon. I bought two and gave a set to my sister-in-law.

6. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

My dad recently go a set of creative T20 speakers and the sound quality is very good even tho they are only stereo...

7. leadpill924

SUPER BUMP I HAVE REVISED EVERYTHING AND WENT WITH A BIT MORE PRICE, BUT HIGHER QUALITY. So if you could please pick out of the new 4 speakers, that would be awesome, thanks.

8. Mirob

Mirob TechSpot Paladin Posts: 841

9. leadpill924

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.