TechSpot

Which set of speakers should I get for Christmas?

By leadpill924
Dec 8, 2007
  1. Hi, for Christmas I am getting 2 GB of RAM, and a set of speakers. The problem is that I don't know which set of speakers to get. They all seem pretty good, at least from the ratings. I am looking for a set between 50-75$. If you think you can find better than this within the price range, please make it at NewEgg. LED's have a nice effect too. It is not necessary to find another set though. Just tell me which of these are the best. I am mostly a gamer, but I watch a lot of videos and listen to music. I like bass, but I don't like it to the extreme. An average level of bass is fine.

SPEAKERS
    Logitech X-530 70 watts RMS 5.1 Black Speaker System - OEM
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121126

ALTEC LANSING VS4221 35 Watts 2.1 Speaker - Retail
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836113168

EDIT: I HAVE CHOSEN TO GO A BIT MORE PRICEY AND HIGH QUALITY.

2. samjohnson

samjohnson TS Maniac Posts: 238

Your links don't work. Try again. :)

3. leadpill924

leadpill924 Banned Topic Starter Posts: 119

It's because of those periods it uses to shorten it. It should be fixed right now.

4. leadpill924

Bump. for fun

5. Mirob

Mirob TechSpot Paladin Posts: 462

I have a x-230 set on my 10 year old son's rig. It's alright, well worth the $30 it cost shipped from Amazon. I bought two and gave a set to my sister-in-law.

6. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

My dad recently go a set of creative T20 speakers and the sound quality is very good even tho they are only stereo...

7. leadpill924

SUPER BUMP I HAVE REVISED EVERYTHING AND WENT WITH A BIT MORE PRICE, BUT HIGHER QUALITY. So if you could please pick out of the new 4 speakers, that would be awesome, thanks.

8. Mirob

Mirob TechSpot Paladin Posts: 462

9. leadpill924

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.