Which spec laptop is best??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkiy21

I can purchase the following spec laptop (it's a Dell), for £370.00. I want the laptop for home use for mainly internet, music and photos. Can someone tell me if this is a good spec for the money??

Dell 1501 laptop, 1Gb RAM, 120Gb HDD, DVD rewriter, 15.4inch screen.
Processor - AMD® Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL50
Operating System - Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Basic - English
Memory - 1024MB 533MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM (2x512)
Video Card - ATI Radeon® Xpress 1150 256MB HyperMemory™
Hard Drive - 120GB (5,400 rpm) Hard Drive
Screen - LCD 15.4" Wide Screen XGA TFT Display: 1280x800
Internal Drives - Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive including Software
Wireless Connectivity - Dell™ Wireless 1390 802.11b/g Mini-PCI Card
Modem - 56.6k V.92 Capable Internal Modem & Adapter
Warranty - Standard 1 yr Dell Warranty

I have also looked at the Dell E1505 which is alot more expensive, but seems a really good buy and have found many good reviews. Can anyone advise on which laptop to go for?

Personnally, I don't recommend Dell as they tend to run hot, but this will do everything you say you want to do.

But many people like Dell - so it's really a matter of preference.

Dell E1505 (Inspiron 6400) or Dell E1705 (Inspiron 9400)

Am interested in both these notebooks - anybody advise on which one to go for?

well the 9400 is obviously a better equipped model, so I would go for that if you're willing to spend the $.

ensure the RAM is maxed out before you buy though.

1GB of RAM is not enough to comfortably run Vista. Unless you plan to downgrade to Windows XP, get something with at least 2GB or RAM.

I have a E1705/9400 I got from dell last year. Cant say much bad about them simply because now adays dell/hp/toshiba are all pretty well the same. I have also ordered both 1501's and E1505's for clients and have had no complaints thus far. As far as Vista and Ram I run 2gbs on my E1705 but I run XP Pro sp2 as well. Most of my clients that actually run vista do tend to complain with less then a gig and personally, I can see a difference with less then 2gb.

As far as the specs you listed it's gonna do everything you want it to as a 1501 or 1505 and memory is always something easy to upgrade later if need be. Id say for the same specs you might as well go with whatevers cheaper at this point just be sure not to dip below 1gb of memory with vista... ull regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back