Which video card is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer broke a couple of weeks ago so I decided to buy a new one, this pc came with another Video Card. Me being left with another video card I wonder wich one is better for gaming, so I turn to you, noble people of TechSpot

This are the cards:

NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

and

ATI 9550/256MB DDR TV-OUT DVI 128bit (I don't know exactly what it's called but this is what the label says)

Any help would me be much appreciated

I don't know a huge amount about Video cards, but fwiw ...

I haven't touched ATI since I went to hell and back with a Radeon ( 9200 ). I wouldn't work in 3 machines of apparently correct spec. Then again, ATi seems to get the rave reviews, it's my personal exprience with the brand and therefore I just avoid big time.

On the other hand, I've always found NVidia to be much more 'plug and play' friendly. I currently have a 6200 in my machine. In fact I've never had an NVidia card not work straight out of the box. I also much prefer NVidia's support website. ATi seems to be the bastard cousin of AMD's site.

Cheers,

Tony

The enemy of Good is Better, and there is just not that much difference. The nVidia performs slightly better, but the ATI is more reliable and lasts longer.
Our biases in actual experience

Hi Antonio,
im not sure by the way you asked if you know this but the 6150 SE is not a card, but integrated graphics. secondly, it depends on what games you want to play, neither one of these options will be able to provide any kind of acceptable performance for anything other than very old software. if you are looking to play any of the titles that have come to market in the last few years your going to need a vga with a lot more 'horsepower'. if you want to post your specs and a budget, i would be happy to give a recommendation.

Ummmmm....yes it is Romero, its a fantastic card, but not what he asked, and complete overkill in both price and capability.

Look the unknown worse part is he already posted a reply, which I removed
Then he came back and replied again
So I thought, Oh forget it I'll leave it there

Now looks whats happened :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back