Who is your favorite hosting company?

Vigilante

In the future, for web design clients, we want to use the same hosting company for all our clients. WE will be buying the hosting and hooking it into our OWN account, so the customers don't have to worry about hosting companies, and it keeps everything together on our end.

So I want to find a hosting company that is cheap, has awesome features, fast and great uptime. They need to have a range of packages for simple 5 page HTML sites on up to ecommerce pages with large databases.
It would be good if I could actually resale the packages to make a commission or affiliate fee off of the sale as well :)

They also need a good deal on domain names, with good DNS management.

My all time favs have been Powweb and 1and1. I'm also using a company which lets me become a reseller basically, at my site www.atominet.com. It is fairly close in features of the packages, but I can charge whatever I want for the packages.
Another guy I know has been using host gator.
I like 1and1 because of multiple packages. I like powweb for the simplisity of the one package. I have like 5 domains registered at 1and1 and I think that is who I will go with. But I won't be able to resale or get affiliate because we will be buying packages into our own account for our customers.

I was going to make a poll of some hosts, but this is better for open discussion.
So who is your favorite hosting company? And why?

Vigilante,
You sent me to 1&1, I will never look back!
I was on go-diddy and found the control panel way too crazy. Even though they're based here in Scootsdale, I could never get through to techSup.

1&1 have a very easy CP, techSup is very good, have proven stable.
Pricing is GREAT, Lots of space and Bandwidth. Huge MySql, 28 for my account.
IMNSHO..

I've never paid for webhosting, im only 17 :p, but i always used www.brinkster.com simply because uploading and organizing was easy with the CP, and it only has 1 AD pop up which is when you first go to the index of a site. I can't really compare anything but i guess you can click this link and take a look :p

Yes, I do love 1and1, I also have a domain or two at godaddy and find them to be much increasing in their ads and fluff all over. Pretty complex interface now. So I'm transfering my godaddy stuff to 1and1.

I'm always leery of free hosts, and like most people I absolutely HATE popups. But I'll check it out just to see what their about. Seems like everything on the web is gravitation to more and more ads, ads every flippin place. I understand it makes the site owner a few bucks, and that's cool. But most ads you can't control who they belong to, you know? Like, I go to tech sites supposedly with cool nerdy computer help info and there is some random ad for some completely crap system "cleaner" remover which is choke full of spyware itself.

I like the concept of affiliates, like the ones in my sig. They indeed make me a few bucks, but the point is that they are not random, they are companies that I personally use and spread the word on.
Anyway, that's my rant.

But sure, good points. I was hoping to be able to make some money off selling the hosting packages :) but 1and1 doesn't have such a thing because we'll be adding the packages to our own account.

Any more thoughts?

In the future, for web design clients, we want to use the same hosting company for all our clients. WE will be buying the hosting and hooking it into our OWN account, so the customers don't have to worry about hosting companies, and it keeps everything together on our end.

So I want to find a hosting company that is cheap, has awesome features, fast and great uptime. They need to have a range of packages for simple 5 page HTML sites on up to ecommerce pages with large databases.
It would be good if I could actually resale the packages to make a commission or affiliate fee off of the sale as well :)

They also need a good deal on domain names, with good DNS management.

My all time favs have been Powweb and 1and1. I'm also using a company which lets me become a reseller basically, at my site www.atominet.com. It is fairly close in features of the packages, but I can charge whatever I want for the packages.
Another guy I know has been using host gator.
I like 1and1 because of multiple packages. I like powweb for the simplisity of the one package. I have like 5 domains registered at 1and1 and I think that is who I will go with. But I won't be able to resale or get affiliate because we will be buying packages into our own account for our customers.

I was going to make a poll of some hosts, but this is better for open discussion.
So who is your favorite hosting company? And why?

My favorite hosting company is 9cubehosting.com and I like them because they have supported me at all times.They are with me from the time I started my web site.I started using their service through a friend's referral and find them reliable.

I didn't like godaddy and went with register.com for the domain name and hosting solution.
All the normal back-end stuff is there (PHP, Perl, MySQL) and the control panel is just obvious.
You get FTP access as well as browser/control_panel and one email account. Option emails are available.

Unknown if the license will allow you to resell (ie configure virtual servers). I seem to recall there is a partnership/resellers agreement.

btw: IMO, you get what you pay for. The freebees insert ads into your pages and that's unprofessional (again IMO).

Back