Why Doesn't Make Computer Boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was fortunate to have had an FDC failure and subsequently a chip on my motherboard starting smoking. Also at this stage I was unable to boot my computer up at all. I also then witnessed what can only be described as a flash bang. At this stage no power went through my computer.
So I went out and bought a new motherboard, new floppy drive, new power supply. Yet my computer still does not boot and though there is power running through the computer (all three lights on the keyboard - num lock, scroll lock, caps lock - light up) there is still no action from anything else. The CPU fan sits idle and does not spin, the hard drive doesn't kick in. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER??
Any advice or help would be much appreciated as the neighbours dog (pet, not wife) is becoming an attractive target for my anger.
Thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I fear that your cpu may also be a victim.

The only way to find out for sure is if you can test it in another system.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I have now changed over the CPU and cooler but still have the same problem. The lights on the keyboard are on indicating that power is running through the system but there is no other action from the machine. What else could be wrong?? Could there be a problem with the hard drive or any other IDE device?

It is possible that your HDD is dead.

Before you decide to get another one I would suggest the you try it in another system first just to be sure.

It may also be a good Idea to check your RAM as well.

Regards Howard :suspiciou

running a diagnostic hardware check
if you don't get a screen start at all
quistions: does this have on board video
do you here the hard drive running
did you replace memory sticks
if you have a speaker in case hook it up to MB you may get the beeps that will lead you to the failure
start machine with the min. of hardware needed
sounds like your 1 step away from a new setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back