TechSpot

Why is Stranglehold so big?

By skitzo_zac
Jan 21, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I dont mean like level wise and game length, I mean like Gigabytes wise it takes up a huge 12.6 GB. I have many other games including other games based on the Unreal 3 Engine including UT3, and they are all like half that size. How come this game is so big, there is nothing very special about it as far as i can see.
  2. Nirkon

Nirkon TS Enthusiast Posts: 243

HD movies... take them off and it comes down to 4-5GB
  3. skitzo_zac

skitzo_zac TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 459

Cool thanks for clearing that up for me. I finished it and uninstalled it. But incase I decide to re-install it and give it another run through how do I get rid of the HD movies? Is it just an option in the install process that I ignored or something? Because I would prefer it if it took up less of my valuable HDD spcae.
  4. Nirkon

I don't think you can remove the movies.
    I was talking about rips, you know, that when release groups release a game they also release a rip for it, that has movies/music taken out to save space and download time.

If you want you can DL a rip and use that instead.
  5. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,308   +265

Didn't you think the game was a BIG pile of steaming poo? I did :(
  6. Nirkon

well.. the graphics were ok, and I liked the endless killing of people with slow motion.. so it worked out good for me :p
  7. skitzo_zac

skitzo_zac TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 459

Haha, it was fun for a while. Then it sort of was just too repetative. It was just nothing special thats all. Thats what I think any ways.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.