TechSpot

wich mobo?

By Dantrag
Oct 3, 2003
  1. what is the best socket A mobo for overclocking? and would i be able to combine that with 5.1 sound and dual channel pc2700?

2. lalaji

lalaji TS Rookie Posts: 136

I like the Asus A7N8X Deluxe. It has dual channel DDR, 6 channel integrated audio, and i hear its real good for overclocking. I havent tried overclocking yet but everyone i know has used this mobo. So i think the A7N8X deluxe will be the best bet. I hope this helped.

3. Dantrag

Dantrag TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 135

but is the dual channel also for pc2700?

4. Greeno

Greeno TS Rookie Posts: 281

yep..

DC, will work for PC2100/2700/3200 and i dare say more

:]

5. Dantrag

so the A7N8X deluxe it wil be :D

6. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

So many people have had problems with this board, I have a hard time recommending it. :(

But I'm sure it is a good overclocker if it works for you. ;)

7. JackieChanIsGOD

JackieChanIsGOD TS Rookie Posts: 61

8. jefferoo

jefferoo TS Rookie

9. JackieChanIsGOD

JackieChanIsGOD TS Rookie Posts: 61

Could you explain?

I say the Abit, because of all the compatibility problems i've heard of with that ASUS... plus i've heard that this Abit OCs like a motherphucker...

10. Th3M1ghtyD8

Th3M1ghtyD8 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 664

If you are on a budget get the ASUS A7N8X-X, it is the budget version, the only difference is the lack of Dual Channel DDR, which if you are overclocking may actual make it easier to get a stable system.

11. Dantrag

can i run dual chanel with 3 modules? and where can i get the NF7-S (i live in the uk)

12. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,244

I have heard some bad things about the A7n8x-X. Acid may be able to tell you something about this, as I have not experienced anything good or bad from that particular board.

I have the A7n8x-DX and am very happy with it.

Seems I was misinformed, I was just told it can be done. though I was told it could not by Asus Tech support

13. Dantrag

ok i'm gonna go for,the a7n8x deluxe

14. Charles Hammond

Charles Hammond TS Rookie Posts: 59

I always recommend you only buy RAM after you make sure it is compatible with the motherboard. Most manufacturers have a website where you can look up a specific MB and get the suggested memory it recommends.

15. Dantrag

i'm upgrading my system so i don't want to buy new ram :)
    it would just be nice if i could run my pc2700 in dual channel when i get a a7n8x-dx but as i'm overclocking it might not work anyway :)

btw you can lock the pci and agp on the a7n8x can't you?

16. somekid007

somekid007 TS Rookie Posts: 271

asus a7n8x, abit nf7-s and msi kn2dl are all great o/c mobos. paired with barton 2500 and some good quality ram, the combo could get dangerous in the wrong hands

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.