Wierd CPU i'm trying to take out

Status
Not open for further replies.

LXIX

I'm trying to remvoe the Dual Pentium 4 3ghz cpu from this hp board but the Heatsync/Fan thing on it is like a tank. I mean How the hell am i supposed to get the cpu out from this thing. I'll put pictures of it down below.

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture003.jpg

The 4 screws, on that tall thing sticking up with the fan attached, are holding it against a plate on the back side of the motherboard. Remove those 4 screws and the thing comes right off.

Oh ok so i have to take out the motherboard to unscrew it. oh well i was hoping i could unscrew it from the front.

You can. That plate is probably lightly stuck on the back with some adhesive so it shouldn't fall off. It shouldn't have nuts on the other end, the screws just thread into the plate.

well make sure the screws are out of the plate. I wouldn't go too crazy twisting. Just take the screws out and that is it nothing else is holding it on. It will probably be stuck on a little bit because of the thermal material, but not terribly hard. If you really have to work at it you are doing something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back