Wierd Lines on Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

IllegalPrime

Hi everyone,
So here’s my problem...
I have been using a Viewsonic E90f+ 19" CRT for about a year now. I recently purchased a Viewsonic a G220fB 21" CRT from a private seller. A few days later I noticed lines on both the monitors (single or dual display, doesn't matter). These horizontal lines start straight on the edges and seem to converge to a point. I have tried these monitors on other computers and the lines still appear. I have also noticed that these lines aren't visible or noticeable during boot up or login. My video card is an ATI X700 if it matters. It seems really strange that both monitors have this problem since they both were purchased at different times. Anyone out there have any idea what’s going on?

What kind of lines are they anyway? Could it just be the moire effect?

Try a different resolution or refresh rate? Degauss the monitors? Change their orientation? Remove any interference like speakers or heavy duty electric motors?

I have attached an extremely crude picture of what these lines look like on screen. I tried Degaussing and changing the refresh rate but no luck. I have tried these monitors on different computers in different rooms with the exact same problem on both monitors. I even moved the monitors far away about 48" away from any speaker or psu and the lines still showed up. I have read people talking about horizontal lines being very common symptom of interference or when talking about some kind of grill. I do not believe there is any interference because I have removed the monitor far away from any other electrical device and the lines never move. I also do not believe that it is the grill because I read that only 2-3 lines show up on the screen. I can count at least 50+ on mine. It still bugs me that I got both these monitors a year apart and they're both showing the problems.

Attachments

• lines.bmp
    65.6 KB · Views: 30
Degaus and if you ar using a wireless keyboard an mouse move the reciver away from the moniter. check all connections to the moniter adn computer, unplug them both and plug in again. See if that helps at all.

I checked all my connections, switched the connection of both monitors, removed one monitor from the room entirely and I also degaussed. I am starting to think that this is just the way a crt works but I never noticed until now. Has anyone else ever experience this? Keep in mind that these lines are extremely faint and can only be noticed up close and under certain colours.

you might want to degauss the monitor. Without looking at an actual picture, this would be my guess.

I think I found a solution. My current resolution is 1280x1024. I changed it to 1600x1200 and the lines no longer appear. I am not sure if I should call this a solution or a compromise but it works and thats all that matters :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back