Wierd links, and favorits comeing up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyker

First off, Sorry if this is the wrong forum new here :(.

Anyway, recently when I go to diffrent pages, certain words get underlined and are green, and are turned into links, when I put my cursor over it it says "best <and then whatever the word is>". Then I look down to the bottom left it says Sponsored Links. I tried to search on here, but I have no idea what really to look for, anyone know if there is a way to get rid of this spyware im guess it is. It irrates me to no end, makes every page load extremly slow.

Thanks in advance, sorry if there is a thread already on this.

Nate.

Edit*.

Forgot to add, I keep geting a folder in favorits that is titles 1111, and the file inside goes to yahoo.com. Not sure what the heck that is.

Yea I went and downloaded, spybot, ad-awar, cwshredder, and about buster, going to try and run them in safe mode and hope for the best

Cyker said:
Anyway, recently when I go to diffrent pages, certain words get underlined and are green, and are turned into links, when I put my cursor over it it says "best <and then whatever the word is>". Then I look down to the bottom left it says Sponsored Links. I tried to search on here, but I have no idea what really to look for, anyone know if there is a way to get rid of this spyware im guess it is. It irrates me to no end, makes every page load extremly slow.
Congratulations, you've discovered intellitxt.

I block it with Adblock extension in Firefox and Mozilla by adding *intellitxt* to the filter.

Ah ok, I think I got I rebooted in safe mode and ran the spy stuff, and so far so good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back