TechSpot

Wierd links, and favorits comeing up ?

By Cyker
Dec 7, 2005
  1. First off, Sorry if this is the wrong forum new here :(.

Anyway, recently when I go to diffrent pages, certain words get underlined and are green, and are turned into links, when I put my cursor over it it says "best <and then whatever the word is>". Then I look down to the bottom left it says Sponsored Links. I tried to search on here, but I have no idea what really to look for, anyone know if there is a way to get rid of this spyware im guess it is. It irrates me to no end, makes every page load extremly slow.

Thanks in advance, sorry if there is a thread already on this.

Nate.

Edit*.

Forgot to add, I keep geting a folder in favorits that is titles 1111, and the file inside goes to yahoo.com. Not sure what the heck that is.

2. ashmanuk

ashmanuk TS Rookie

3. Cyker

Cyker TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 27

Yea I went and downloaded, spybot, ad-awar, cwshredder, and about buster, going to try and run them in safe mode and hope for the best

4. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

Congratulations, you've discovered intellitxt.

I block it with Adblock extension in Firefox and Mozilla by adding *intellitxt* to the filter.

5. Cyker

Cyker TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 27

Ah ok, I think I got I rebooted in safe mode and ran the spy stuff, and so far so good

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.