Will.i.am's modified Tesla Model S is atrocious

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Tesla’s Model S electric car is quite stylish for a 4-door sedan. Granted, it’s not nearly as flashy as some of the exotics it can embarrass in a race, but it’s respectable by most people’s standards… that is, until entertainer will.I.am gets his hands on it.

In the clip above, a rather enthusiastic YouTube user spots will.I.am’s modified Model S parked in Beverly Hills. Sure, the quality of the work that went into the body kit is top notch but the end result will likely make you want to vomit.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Anyone remember what this guy did to the iPhone?

They do now:

186q4ex2w077njpg.jpg

I literally don't understand. This is "atrocious"? I'll take atrocious. About the only thing I'd change is I'd go black instead of white but I sincerely see nothing that makes it look anything remotely atrocious, you snobs.

I literally don't understand. This is "atrocious"? I'll take atrocious. About the only thing I'd change is I'd go black instead of white but I sincerely see nothing that makes it look anything remotely atrocious, you snobs.

It has nothing to do with being a snob and everything to do with that Model S looking like a $200 kit car with a $20,000 paint job.

He drove it too fast and hit an ugly tree.

-tesla-model-s-model-x-now-even-quicker.html">Tesla&rsquo;s Model S</a> electric car is quite stylish for a 4-door sedan. Granted, it;s not nearly as flashy as some of the exotics it can embarrass in a race, but it’s respectable by most people's standards....[ ].......
OK Shawn, how about if we try some "truth in journalism" for a change.

Something like this: "The Tesla Model S is butt ugly, even by "inexpensive import people mover standards". The gull wing doors over the rear seats are way out of place monstrosities, and a massive repair bill in the making, for any serious rear end collision. And that's assuming Musk even has the parts to repair it available in a reasonable amount of time.

As for the racing: "It's looks don't anywhere near compare to the "exotics", which it has merely managed to pull a hole-shot on, by virtue of the torque characteristics of its electric motors".

A rap star with a flashy car is not news. Neither is Shawn posting a non-news story as clickbait. I checked it out - I think it looks OK... not vomit worthy or atrocious, but then again - we're in the world of using the most possible hyperbole.

Next time just say ... 'OMG - Will I Am's car is the ugliest thing in the history of EVER!'

Looks good to me especially the side. It must be a lot of work to mod this. If this was shoot in the day, I think we would see a lot.

Anyway, most people who dont see a good point in the car's design are just envious or because they are still borrowing their mom's beetle. Truth to be told, most negative people do not appreciate positive things if something comes up better than what they have :p

I'm not complaining (yet) but your site has changed. In the last I can't remember how many years I haven't seen a post like this come from you guys. You remind me of an older Gizmodo.

Back to the subject, yeah it's pretty ugly. Them again this IS will.I.am. Have you seen his Delorean? He also chose to modify one of the prettiest and most elegsntlybdesigned vehicles on the road. Btw the body work does not look top notch to me. At the very beginning of the video look at where the front driver's fender meets the bottom door piece.

If this were Musk's personal tesla I'm sure the title and article would be different. Will.I.am is a unpopular guy, warranted or not, so you'll only hear negative things/tones when he's involved.

The car is okay, but nowhere near hideous or atrocious.

...[ ]...The car is okay, but nowhere near hideous or atrocious.
It doesn't matter who did what to the car, or whose car it is.. IMO, that Tesla is ugly as sin to begin with.

This is what gull wing doors are supposed to look like:

delorean-will-restar-2_800x0w.jpg

Not those hideous afterthoughts hanging over the back seat of what looks like a family sedan!

Last edited:
Back