TechSpot

Will MY PC RUN BATTLEFIELD 2?

By akaivan
May 18, 2006
  1. HEy guys heres my system specs. Can i run bf2 at resanable graphics?

windows 2000
    768 mb ram
    1.8 ghz procceser
    80 gig hd
    128 mb, radeon SE 9200, PCI (CRAP.....)
    anything else u got 2 know?

2. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 3,566

3. akaivan

akaivan TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 620

oo ok ill try that,

4. CrossFire851

CrossFire851 TS Rookie Posts: 1,058

That is very usefull Don.
    Not trying to show off.... But I bet alot of people with high-end computer don't use it because they know that there system can destory it.

5. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 3,566

Lol. My system is about the same as yours. I am in the top 1%.

But people with a 7800GT graphics card, don't really need to know whether or not their system will meet the minimum requirements now do they ;)

6. CrossFire851

CrossFire851 TS Rookie Posts: 1,058

lolz nice one Don, and to answer you're qusetion people with 7800gt don't even think twice (if once) about meetting the system requriements.
    haha

7. akaivan

:mad: hey well it sais i cant play cause im running windows 2000, has any1 played it on windows 2k? WILL it work?

8. eazy_duz_em

eazy_duz_em TS Rookie Posts: 170

Yeah sure it will work on 2k
    P.S i tryed that thingy and it showed me ..."Your system is among the top 12% of all systems scanned by the Game Advisor. " :)

9. akaivan

OK it seems, all of my hardware is good enuff 2 play.

10. kirock

kirock TS Rookie Posts: 1,598

Pop!

Hmmmm,
    I don't think so a 128 mb, radeon SE 9200, PCI card with only 768Mb of sys RAM, if it does run I'd think it be on lowest settings and still be minimum FSP.

11. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,506   +238

Since Battlefield 2 does NOT support that low of a graphics card, I think if it will play at all, it will be an unsatisfactory experience. Plus, your CPU is almost at the minimum. The minimum is 1.7GHz and yours is 1.8GHz.

So, "reasonable graphics"? In my opinion, no. If you haven't bought the game yet, I think it would be waste of money to try to run it on your present system.

12. akaivan

well im changin my mobo so my pc will run at 2.4 ghz, SO?

13. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

Most of the game performance depends on the videocard not the processor so it would be a better investment to get a better video card and leave the proc at 1.8Ghz. . . I played Guild Wars before on a P3 600 mhz with a 6600GT and it ran at 27 FPS average at max settings LOL. BTW i got top 14% in that game test thingy.

14. akaivan

hmm so i shouldnt buy it?

15. mailpup

I think if you want to buy another motherboard, processor, graphics card and anything else that goes with it (RAM, power supply, etc.), go ahead and get it. However, if you're getting in this deep, it's not much more to build a completely new PC from scratch. You can keep your old PC intact and working and use it as a backup or other family members can use it for surfing or whatever.

16. akaivan

ahhh mann....................

17. mailpup

Just a suggestion. You don't have to do it.

18. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,851

Uhh..

Windows 2000 Is Not Supported. It works on some machines, but it has been reported that some maps have trouble loading. ANd i know the euro forces expansion has alot of trouble with Win2k.

And that is not even talking about you hardware.

I tried running the game on a 2.4Ghz p4 with a 9600 and 768Mb of RAM. Whoa. Maps took forever to load, graphics were bad, and choppy.

Will it work...yes

Will it be fun...that may be a different story.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.