will onboard geforce 6100 card of ASUS M2N-MX motherboard create trouble with 8600gt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ani123

i am going to buy a geforce 8600gt card and i'm willing to buy an ASUS M2N-MX mother board which has a 16x pci-e slot and also an onboard integrated geforce 6100 card.can anyone tell me if this motherboard is suitable for 8600gt or it's onboard video memory will create any problem with 8600gt?

Just to be safe, I wouldn't go for that motherboard. Maybe an ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe. But if you do choose to go that motherboard don't see why it would be a problem. Once you put in your 8600GT and connect your monitor up to the 8600GT GPU rather than the onboard than the 6100 should immediately disactivate and your computer will be running off the 8600GT. Just a guess

You can't use on-board and a dedicated card at the same time, it's one or the other. The different ram types makes no difference. My system ram is DDR2 and my video card is GDDR3.

ani123 said:
i am going to buy a geforce 8600gt card and i'm willing to buy an ASUS M2N-MX mother board which has a 16x pci-e slot and also an onboard integrated geforce 6100 card.can anyone tell me if this motherboard is suitable for 8600gt or it's onboard video memory will create any problem with 8600gt?

that should not be a concern at the least as the 2 have nothing to do with each other. the 8800GTS 320 would be a lot better card if u are intending to do any gaming. and I do realise it is more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back