TechSpot

Will Somebody Please Help Me Get This Secondary Monitor Set Up!!!

By beedubaya
Aug 9, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I had to reformat recently and since then i have not been able to get my secondary monitor to work in Windows XP. My Radeon driver mistakes the secondary monitor for a YPbPr big screen TV device, whatever that is, and will not recognize it as a monitor. This has worked before, the secondary monitor is an AOC Spectrum 7Glr 17" connected through a VGA-DVI port. Before my reformat, all i had to do is plug it in and had the luxury of dual monitors. Now, I can't get it to work at all and everything i try screws it up so bad it requres a safe-mode system restore. I've tried different driver combinations and what-not, including different monitor drivers and the Omega drivers for my ATI card. How can I get this secondary monitor working?
  2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Welcome to TechSpot forums

That is component output. If there is an option to disable component output, try it.
  3. LaYkE

LaYkE Newcomer, in training Posts: 20

I have a 9800XT and I had this problem with newer drivers that came after the CD.
    After d/l the newest version & installing them I had the problem you describe above. I rolled back my drivers to the previous version, voila i worked fine. I'd suggest either updating or rolling back your driverset as a last option. Play around with your settings and check the ati webby for known issues with the card+drivers you have. g'luck
  4. beedubaya

beedubaya Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

OK, i got this issue resolved. Thanks for the replies.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.