TechSpot

Win 10,000 from Microsoft

By Canadian
Dec 11, 2007
  1. This is legit, its a contest they have going right now. 10k USD in PayPal. You just need to watch a slideshow to enter.

Note, must be done in IE7, only for 18+ and US residents only (Yes, we Canadians get screwed again ><)
    http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=7935002

2. Ph30nIX

Ph30nIX TS Rookie Posts: 243

Not just you Canadians,but also the rest of the world. Its just ridiculous that these competitions will only recognized USA in these modern day times.

3. LuckyM

LuckyM Banned Posts: 66

i must say i though *SPAM* when i saw the title :)

4. Canadian

Canadian TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 77

But it isn't! Amazing eh?

5. LuckyM

LuckyM Banned Posts: 66

oh yeah, after all these 'you won british uk lottery' and '$ 10 000 prize for microsoft is waiting for you' emails i am prepared to throw a stone at anyone who says microsoft and prize/win/lottery on the same sentence.

6. blundell

blundell TS Rookie

cool might try it :D

7. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

raffles, sweepstakes, and other promotions are prohibited on TS. (due to the amount of fraud- even if this one is legit.) Unless sponsored by TS itself. You risk getting banned.

8. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,059   +646

No they are not Tedster, if it's legit (and this one comes from MS themselves) there is no problem about it. What is prohibited is advertising your own stuff or spamming the forum with self promotion content.

9. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

I stand corrected. But too many similar raffles lead to phising attempts..... I'm looking out for TS members in general....

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.