Win-10 Build 16278 Features

Viraf P Chinoy

New Features in Build 16278 of win-10 OS as on 06-09-2017.

1. My people on Right Hand side of taskbar & we can quickly send messages / files to all such persons who are included in the ‘My People” group.
2. Cortana has been modified to use Voice commands. E.g. shutdown / sign out / restart are some of the voice commands that Cortana will now follow. Configure the mic is also now an option available as well.
3. Cortana can be used to keep track of stock values for specific share scripts.
4. Display option under settings now includes HDR / Advanced color options.
5. Storage Sense now has new options for better keeping of Hard Disk space.
6. Settings à Status à Adapter status à LAN adapterà Data usage àmore details are now available here.
7. In Apps & Features à Edge is now a new option & advances features of Edge can be controlled like any other browser. Microsoft claims that from this build onwards, we can enter data in blank .PDF files & then save / print them as well. From this build onwards, Edge can also be used to Read Aloud Files. Both these to be tested.
8. Under settings à Broadcasting is a new option under which Video playback & HDR are new options added.
9. This is the 1st build which will use additional cores in the CPU in case there are 4 cores or more existing.
10. Magnifier is now a proper option with all proper sub-options existing.
11. Under Cortana we now have the Permissions & History option which can be used / OFF. IF Cortana is installed on your phone & it’s linked to your PC, whenever cell battery is low it will inform us the same if this is enabled. If certain files were stopped from being downloaded in the past, you can now enable them from being downloaded too.
12. Windows Update now has a new page ‘Advanced options’ wherein we can get data of how much NET usage is done, etc. This was a very long pending point that has now been included. Parameters for limiting upload / down load can also be set herein. Also included here is Activity Monitor where we come to know the Net usage from Microsoft, etc. This is a good start to this feature but more modifications / details must be added in future to give elaborate / full details.
13. The volume mixer now has options to control volume of Groove & Edge without touching System Audio.
14. Task Manager now keeps track of GPU Usage, Directx version & some such features of the GPU.
15. A very shocking change that will surprise us all our very own Command / DOS Prompt I.e. C:\> now has a new Avatar. Yes the black background that we’ve been using / seeing for ages cane now be changed to RGB Colors.
16. The last shocking point is in the Calculator. It now has options for Scientific / Standard, etc. plus also has a lot of convertors like inches to CM / vice versa, etc. Very good all this is done.

All in All this build looks like a combo of some great minor / new features added
+ many of the existing problems resolved.
I personally feel that we are very close to the Fall Creators Update of win-10 that’s going to be released worldwide around 17-10-2017 approx.

Note:-
I’ve made this list after going thro the emails / bulletins from Microsoft HQ as received by me due to the fact that I’m a member of the Windows Insider Program. In case if I find any errors / problems in this list, I’ll post a clarification in future for the same as well.

Back