Win 7 bluescreen in game and desktop

This PC is about 1 month old, and I believe all of the drivers are up to date. I get the BSOD seemingly at random, but they've been getting closer and closer to the time I start my computer.

[THIRD DUMP FILE]

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80003982A9D
BCP3: FFFFF8800ADE2080
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0

Here are the dump files.

Additional info:

Windows 7 64-bit
Gigabyte UD3 p55a
i5-760
GTX 460
8 GB ripjaw RAM

The screen said it was an uncorrectable hardware error, got 3 of them today, never had one before. I'm currently in safe mode and everything is O.K. so idk what that does do hardware?

I haven't installed anything in a few days, last week I installed Mcafee. Temps all seem to be stable, no alarms have gone off... the only thing I can possibly think of is that this morning I accidentally bumped into my case with my knee, and gave it a hard knock. It didn't tip over, but maybe I jarred something loose?

Attachments

• 012311-23914-01.zip
    22.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 012311-25537-01.zip
    21.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 012311-39811-01.zip
    29.3 KB · Views: 1
One error code is 0x3B but nothing definitive was cited. These errors are often caused by faulty video drivers.

Your other two errors are 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and is described as "A fatal hardware error has occurred."

This error code and definition has replaced the older XP code 0x9C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and though it is older the definition still is applicable: This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Honestly, this is a very difficult error to work with because as it says a clear diagnosis rarely comes forth and I have never seen a minidump with either error codes give a definitive answer. I know IT techs that don't like working with it. What makes it so difficult is that it can be any hardware in your system -- and I mean any. Your dump simply cited hardware as the issue and nothing more definitive.

Here are some of the causes that were determined to be the source o 0x124/0x9C errors from posters here and abroad: NIC, DVD/CD drives, dust build up around the CPU that caused overheating of said CPU, bulging capacitors hidden by heatsink, video card, psu, motherboard, and external harddrive connected by USB.

1. Check to see if your cables, particularly the SATA, are all firmly connected.

2. Check to see if all cards and RAM are set firmly in place.

3. Have you ever run memtest before or have done a harddrive diagnostics?

(as a side note: in the future please don't zip each and every file. You can zip from 3-5 together in one Zip file; if you only have one or two just attach as is)

Back