Win XP SP1 or SP1a?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirei Blossom

Hi,

I have Windows XP Home edition, and want to update to the Service Pack 1. However, there also seems to be a service pack 1a. I wanted to know which is better and more efficient? Also, where can I find download links to both of these?

do not waste time on either, get the service pack 2. After you install it, there are about 100 more updates to apply to get your computer current.

www.microsoft.com
and type in the search box 'service pack 2 download'
that should take you to it.

& if you're on the Internet, it is crucial that you activate Windows updates so that it can keep your system up to date & secure (as well as updating your anti-virus, etc.).

I came across a few sites that compared SP1 and SP2, and strangely, there were many comments saying that SP2 made the system slow and many had to uninstall it. That's why I was a bit iffy on that.

My computer is quite old and fragile, that's why I'm a little undecided whether it can handle SP2.

If you install sp2 and have problems, it can be uninstalled. With that in mind, I advise you to go ahead and install sp2. A lot, if not all of the initial problems with sp2 were ironed out a long time ago.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back