Win2000 Driver for QMS Desklaser 600

By stefan25
Mar 29, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi !

I am searching a Win2000 Driver for my QMS Desklaser 600. The NT Driver does not work and the self-written for 2000 at Driverforum displays only the status monitor message that the cable is defctive or power off.

Can anybody help ?
  2. uncleel

uncleel Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,145

3. stefan25

stefan25 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Hi !

Thank you for your answer. I had this this driver before, I downloaded it again, installed it like the txt says, but - again - when I try to print a box appears that says "Power off or cable problem". I checked that the cable is no defective.

What could be the problem ?`

Stefan
  4. uncleel

uncleel Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,145

If your dialog box says, "Power off or cable problem," then I would have to assume that is the problem, not your drivers.

Try a new cable. If your using a power strip, try plugging your printer directly into the wall socket. Maybe testing w/ a volt meter to insure the voltage is correct & constant.
  5. stefan25

stefan25 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Hi !

No success - I tried 2 other cables, any mode the lpt1: can handle and I checked the power cable and replaced it with another. It seems that I cant use my Desklaser 600....

But did you see that post from Bernie at your driverlink above ?

"Hi, Very grateful that you are writing a driver for XP. When I installed and tested it I got "Check printer power cord. Switch and printer cable". Obviously I have checked these. I have tried some earlier 2k drivers, is this likely to be the source of my problem? Many thanks!"

Power & cable problems sounds known - maybe a driver problem.

Greetings
    Stefan
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.