TechSpot

Win2000 reinstall

By rfd1129
Oct 30, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I do consulting work for a School District. My main project was to intsall a new fiber core. While there I met some resistance from their so called Technical Administrator ( since then he was demoted to Technician, a job still way beyond his ability). I often end up fixes alot of his travesties. On to my problem, Mr. Technician reinstall Win2000 and all of the data has disappeared. Now I hate to think this ***** didn't wack the drive and then intsall Win2000. But if that is the case does anyone know anything I can do. My expertise is mainly designing and implementing networks. SO if anybody knows anything I might do please respond

RRRick
  2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

Is it safe to assume that he has deleted the partition and/or formatted the drive?

If so, there ARE utilities that can restore data, but your chance of getting back anything worth rescuing is very slim.

There are a number of software titles that can restore this kind of data loss, my personal favorite being Easy Recovery Professional. www.ontrack.com
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.